Just bought a kemper!

• I just bought a used Kemper. I actually didn't check to see if the user license carries over. I'll still be able to download all the software and firmware updates right?

Anyways, very excited to check out this amp. I've NEVER had a nice amp before. This is my first one, I don't know if it's even considered an amp but I bought the powered head so I kind of see it as an amp.

I ended up with a Kemper because there are so many different amps, I don't know how anyone could possibly just pick an amp and say okay this is the one that's for me.

Another question. Even though I bought a head, whats stopping me from making some sort of custom mount and putting it in a rack and using it in rack format?

Anyways I'm super excited to check out some of the dumble, two rock and matchless tones.

Any suggestions or tips for a newbie feel free to put it out there.

I bought only the powered head. Ill see how it sounds first through my Adam a5x, and depending on the sound I may or may not get a matching cab.

Same with the remote. I didn't get the matching remote but maybe I will do so down the line.

• Welcome to the forum! There's a ton of information here - just search when you have a question :) . Also, there are many instructional videos. Make sure you install the Rig Manager and update your unit to the latest OS. Have fun!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Welcome. The seller have to contact the kemper team he/she doesn't own the kemper anymore. If not you can't update the unit. Make sure by see if you can register it on you. Otherwise contact the seller as soon as possible.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Welcome. The seller have to contact the kemper team he/she doesn't own the kemper anymore. If not you can't update the unit. Make sure by see if you can register it on you. Otherwise contact the seller as soon as possible.

Shit! I'll contact them now. I hope I didn't just screw myself ?

• Wecome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper! Yes, it is an amp - that's at least the way we mostly use it. And for the powered one as you say you have all you need for the moment. Using Adam's here as well, great sound with the Kemper.

If you go for rehearsing, gigging etc. with the unit I strongly recommend the Remote as it gives you so much flexibility and efficiency. Other solutions possible as well but the Remote is probably the "most complete" solution.

Enjoy! :thumbup:8)

• Shit! I'll contact them now. I hope I didn't just screw myself ?

Don't worry. As soon as the seller has done it you can reg the serial number on you and everything will be fine.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• ... don't know if it's even considered an amp but I bought the powered head so I kind of see it as an amp.

KPA = Kemper Profiling Amplifier, so I'd say yes, it is considered an amp.

I ended up with a Kemper because there are so many different amps, I don't know how anyone could possibly just pick an amp and say okay this is the one that's for me.

I'll tell you how:

Usually through spending a lot of money on a lot of amps over a period of many years, so in effect you'd be saving a heap of time and money.

Even though I bought a head, whats stopping me from making some sort of custom mount and putting it in a rack and using it in rack format?

Nothing at all. Many peeps have done this using belts, home-made brackets and gap-covering metal / wood panels. It's entirely up to you how you do it based on budget constraints and your imagination.

There isn't an official "adapter kit" unfortunately.

Same with the remote. I didn't get the matching remote but maybe I will do so down the line.

As deadman42 suggested, if you're going to rehearse and / or play live, it'd be the most-elegant-and-efficient solution.

You can programme other MIDI-capable boards and even buy a UnO4Kemper chip for a Behringer FCB1010 foot-controller, but ultimately all solutions fall short of the convenience, capabilities and integration the Kemper floorboard offers.

Here's the Behringer with UnO4Kemper chip in action:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Welcome to the forum and congrats, man! :)

• Welcome to the group!

I just set up my Kemper today, registered, did the updates and have put in over an hour playing and playing with it so far but only through headphones. I'll hook it up to my studio monitors tomorrow. Hopefully your seller will get you set up on your own in a timely manner.

Mine went through either 2 or 3 levels of updates. It was manufactured March 2020 and I updated current as of tonight.

Enjoy!

~Robert