output volume suddenly drops to 0 - only turn off and turn back on fixes it

• HI.

The strangest thing started happening to me. On some occasions, few minutes afterturning Kemper on, the volume "disappears" and the output is decreased to 0. there's still input because i see the tuner leds working when i play notes.

Only shutting it down and turning it back on fixes it.

It started a few days ago, and im running latest Sw versions.

Help please :)

• Are you referring to any particular output volume e. g. Monitor Output Volume?

Which output are you using for monitoring and at which level is its corresponding output volume?

Is the OUTPUT LED still indicating your playing like the INPUT LED does?

At which level is pedal volume? Check page Pedal Links in System Setting (or Pedal Settings if you own a PROFILER Stage). If pedal volume is down, investigate if any equipment is connected causing this.

Any effect loop configured and external signal chain interrupted?

• This same issue happens to me occasionally on my Profiler Rack but I think this is the first time I’ve seen a mention of it here. I've mostly noticed it when I’ve left my Kemper in performance mode with the tuner/mute engaged for a long period of time and then come back to it (for example, leaving it muted after soundcheck until showtime). It’s happened a few other random times during shows too, but never in the middle of playing, and thankfully, my fix is as simple as turning the chicken head knob from performance mode to tuner mode, then immediately back to performance mode. Hopefully, that takes care of it for you, too.

Just some background for reference:

-When this happens, the input LED acts normally, but the output LED is completely off.

-This affects both the main output (FOH) and the headphone output (my IEMs).

-I’m on the latest OS; this has happened as far back as I can remember, though, so it’s nothing new that’s been introduced recently.
    -I have a Remote and Mission EP1-KP connected. Those seem to behave normally when this issue occurs.

• Symtoms like headachas could have various root causes and are not always the "same issue". Loosing sound could have many different reasons e.g. a loose contact in a cable ....

patvalley The situation you are describing is intended while Tuner Mode is activated and "Mute Signal" is activated. If you leave Tuner Mode the sound returns. The situation is also normal, if your Mission EP1 is in heel position and controls Volume Pedal. If you are sharing your EP1 for wah and volume ("WahPedal to Volume" ) I guess there is a risk to loose oversight, what is causing drop of volume. If you for example disable a wah effect while the pedal rests in heel position, the pedal transforms into a volume pedal and the slightest move could turn pedal volume down. This again is intended behavior. You can check the current level of volume pedal on page Pedal Links in System Settings.

I've not seen any indication provided by ofirlidor that Tuner Mode nor an expression pedal are involved in his case.

We are not aware of any related software anomaly in current OS versions.

• Burkhard , thanks for your helpful response. I’ll certainly watch for this in the future; I do need to be careful with the EP1 volume pedal actions as well.
    ofirlidor , my apologies for the thread hijack, as I thought you were describing a similar issue as what I had experienced.

• Nobody specified, which output is involved, the pedal situation, if the OUTPUT LED is still reflecting signal .... so I'm not able to judge if these are the "same problems".