Time for a funky soul track

• Here is a nice piece of funky soul, my daughter played the opening chords & I did the whole arrangement.

Horns & rhodes recorded @home thru a KPA

I sent the horns from a SM57 to the KPA for avalon preamps , quad tracking and lush live verb

Rhodes also got a twin reverb on the KPA

Hope you enjoy, it's my first time playing some riffs with my trumpet , so it's ok to feel sorry for me ;)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Beautiful Renaud, so relaxed and relaxing. Great sounds in it and cool flow. Thanks for sharing and kudos to your daughter :thumbup:8)

BTW: My son is a drummer but it is incredibly hard to get him to play with me 8o

• Thx chaps , I really appreciate.

Great Horns and Groove

I'll do more horns in the future , as it's very fun to track , and apparently louder than my guitar + kone from my son's observation :D

Good part on blowing horns is that I start to get killer ABS 8)

asily one of my favourites of yours, Renaud!

Especially love the clean lead-rhythm and of course the wah-wakka-wah parts. Always been a sucker for the latter of course. Wah-wakka-wah = instant brownie points in my book

Thx Nicky, as always , the mandatory wah is there , like most 70's tracks. Rhodes and a wah are perfect for this era's music

BTW: My son is a drummer but it is incredibly hard to get him to play with me

Yeah, too sad , the generation gap is huge as my children don't like guitar based music anymore , how sad...