First gig with the Kabinet...

• Finally got to gig since getting my Kabinet and I have to say it was impressive. The power and spread from such a small unit was incredible. Worried it can't handle the volume? My ears are still ringing as I pulled out my in ears to get the full glory!

Onl;y down side was when using the acoustic sim, I was getting drop outs as if some "protection" was shutting off when I hit certain frequencies. Not sure what it was so need to check that out. Didn't seem to be doing it at lower volumes and hope I didn't blow something :) ...it was the last song of the night so I need to check it over...

Otherwise, very pleased.

• I had issues of bad distortion with the acoustic sim until I put a compressor in front to limit the spikes from strumming and then just raised the post volume to account for it. That effect doesn't like being pushed, that's for sure. I think I actually end up compressing twice because I have one on constantly in my HX Stomp to optimize my FreqOut pedal and then use one in my acoustic sim patch that's a pretty big squasher. I don't think the first has much influence as It's a recent addition, but I finally have eliminated all the problems with the acoustic sim (for me, anyways). Glad to hear you liked it!

I've gigged three times with mine now, and I'm probably not going back to a traditional guitar speaker for my Kemper ever again.

-StumblinMan

(Gary)

• Awesome!

I've only gigged mine twice. Both times outside in a parking lot. I've practiced in the same parking lot about 6 times as well.

The projection of the Kabinet is amazing!

One time I had the Kab only 3 or 4 feet behind me. I had it at gig volume. When I went out about 30 or so feet it was much louder than expected! Now I make sure it's a good 10' or more behind me so I can get a better idea what the audience hears.

Things will change when we can get back to practicing/gigging inside on our stage I'm sure. At that point I can experiment with stereo Kabs.^^