Kemper - latency - home PC setup

• Don't mind me jumping in but would a MOTU M2 2x2 USB-C Audio Interface work to record Kemper into DAW in stereo as entry level Interface? It has loopback function with 2 - XLR combos going in and 2 - TRS going out (also with RCA). I am assuming you can create left and right channel profiles to go out of Kemper and into the 2 - XLR's of the Interface.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• would a MOTU M2 2x2 USB-C Audio Interface work to record Kemper into DAW in stereo as entry level Interface?

Yes, this would work ... but I would NEVER recommend any audio interface with only 2 inputs and 2 outputs.

It's just too limiting. You can't record a Master Stereo track from the Kemper plus a DI track, for example. Or a Master Stereo track from the Kemper and a microphone (in case you want to write songs and want to record at least rough versions with guitar and vocals).

Most people I have come across and who didn't listen to my advise have regret it at some point. There's just too many examples to list them all but here's just a few quick ones:

At some point you want to record an acoustic guitar (microphone plus piezo pickup, or stereo through the Kemper) and have your kids, girlfriend, wife, any friends sing along (1 or 2 microphones), just for the fun of it ... 2 inputs not enough.

Maybe a band member comes to visit you and you guys want to jam and record it and work on a song together ... 2 inputs not enough.

Again, there's a million other situations where you will regret to only have 2 inputs (and/or only 2 outputs). That's why I would always call these interfaces "waste of money", no exception.

Now, even if we look at the Motu M4, as far as I can see it seems to have a major downside. You can't use all 4 inputs for direct monitoring at the same time. There's a button that seems to switch between inputs 1/2 and 3/4 but never all 4 together. Very bad!