Eq

• Had my kemper for few months now and was wandering If a separate eq effect is better than the onboard kemper eq. I’ve tried tweaking the kemper eq to try and get rid of the fizzieness sound but it’s not easy. I’m after a very smooth heavy distorted sound but there’s a fizzy sound that I’m trying to get rid of but it’s not easy dealing with all the frequency’s. Help

• I think the Kemper's EQs are great. You should put a studio EQ in the "x" slot, then set a really low "q" setting one of the bands, with the gain of that particular band all the way up, then slowly dial the frequency dial of that band from high down to low until you find the frequencies that you don't like and then you can just roll the gain back to about -5db to cut some of them out.

Another option for the hiss is to also use the studio EQ and use the hi and lo cuts. Set a cut around 8k (might be higher or lower depending on your preference) and that should help with getting rid of the fizz.

Depending on the profile, the Pure Cab setting can help as well.

• If the profile is fizzy, I'd be searching for a different profile.

The Kemper isn't really 'adding' that in. Plenty of tube amps can be (and are) fizzy.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Put the studio eq in slot X and adjust high cut to around 6 - 7 kHz

and amount to around 5 . Experiment till you like what you hear :thumbup:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.