Remote switches getting harder to press/making noise

• Hello guys,

Did anyone noticed that after a while of using the Kemper remote, the switches are getting harder to press. I compared the switches that I use most frequently with the ones not used and the difference in behaviour is very big. The ones used are making strange noise and also do not work so smooth. Is there a workaround for this? Is seems that some metal on metal friction sound. Does the pedalboard need some kind of maintenance?

• Hi everyone, I got the same issue on Stage unit. I have one perhaps two switches squicky and hard to press/step quite frequently. Actually, those are button 1 and 2 - mostly annoying when using looper mode as those stand for start/rec and stop/cancel.

Any idea how to get rid of this issue? Would WD-40 or lubricant oil help? How to use it to not to interfere with electronics inside?

• Never WD40 or similar lubricant. Any wet lubricant will attract dust and debris.

I'm not advising anything in particular for the stage, but in general contact cleaner is best for cleaning electrical components.

• Hi everyone, I got the same issue on Stage unit. I have one perhaps two switches squicky and hard to press/step quite frequently. Actually, those are button 1 and 2 - mostly annoying when using looper mode as those stand for start/rec and stop/cancel.

Any idea how to get rid of this issue? Would WD-40 or lubricant oil help? How to use it to not to interfere with electronics inside?

NEVER use WD40 for cleaning, unless is the special variant for electronics (which is really expensive so I cant recommend it anyway). Your final solution is the same as for any stomp switch in any regular pedalboard, contact cleaner (I use Isopropil alcohol abundantly), for a fast easy fix, spray it on the cavity while the equipment is disconnected from power. Press a few times, add more, it will loosen up . If you want to solve it long term, you need to take the switch out, open the case, remove any debris and dust with a nail and some cotton, then spray all the contact areas, allow to dry, and finally put back into the unit. It is normal for these kind of switches to go scratchy, has happened with my pod HD500, some of my midi controllers and one or 2 wah peddals with toggles.

The answer is 42

• I just purchased a relatively new second hand stage. First thing I noticed the foot switches don't have smoothness I would expect from a unit of this caliber. Feed back with hand or foot when pressing is an unpredictable random stiffness. Hesitant to spray Deoxit in the switches?