Performance Mode Question

• If I have a Marshall 800 Rig in performance mode lets say in slot 1 with low gain, then I add that same Marshall 800 Rig into slot 2 and raise the gain a bit, then in slot 3 even more gain. When I save this Performance does the Kemper create new Rigs because I changed the gain or are these settings just saved in the Performance Mode section?

• The rigs in Performances are separate. But they would only be available in Browser mode if you saved them back to the Browser pool (or Local Library in Rig Manager). Oddly, it allows you to have the same name on multiple rigs so you might keep that in mind if saving several modified versions back as individual rigs.

• Hi dacop1313,

Performances start as clones of your Rigs, but they live separate and apart from the Rigs after that. So no, you won't end up with two new Rigs.

That's good news because the last thing I wanted was to have the Kemper create 3 new different rig profiles in Rigs just because I made some changes in Performance Mode.

• The rigs in Performances are separate. But they would only be available in Browser mode if you saved them back to the Browser pool (or Local Library in Rig Manager). Oddly, it allows you to have the same name on multiple rigs so you might keep that in mind if saving several modified versions back as individual rigs.

Noted on that and yes I have seen that "same name" scenario happen on my friend's Kemper. So what is he doing...saving the Rig back into Rigs when he should just be saving the Performance?

• Hard to say, but it does sound like that.

Where it get's me is that I'll create a Performance then tweak the rigs so they match up better. Then I'll want to save the changes back to the Browser pool with whatever I changed. In that case there is no overwrite (and I'm pretty sure you don't get prompted for a new name), so I end up with a new copy. But I rarely delete or rename the old one. I can still tell which is which by the date, but it just makes it that much harder to keep track.

• Hard to say, but it does sound like that.

Where it get's me is that I'll create a Performance then tweak the rigs so they match up better. Then I'll want to save the changes back to the Browser pool with whatever I changed. In that case there is no overwrite (and I'm pretty sure you don't get prompted for a new name), so I end up with a new copy. But I rarely delete or rename the old one. I can still tell which is which by the date, but it just makes it that much harder to keep track.

That is exactly the issue he is having too, duplicate Rig names with different settings. I dont own the remote yet, I ordered one today and was just curious about what to expect.

• The PROFILER doesn't enforce unique Rig names. So, there could be multiple Rigs with differenet settings but identical name. If you store a Rig from Performance Mode into your browse pool you don't necessarily intend to overwrite the former version - if this still exists. You can always distinguish the Rig versions looking at their creation date.