Interesting gig - My take on a Santana song

• My take on a Santana song – Life is a Lady

I’ve done some very interesting gigs over the years but the one I did this past Sunday was something that was quite new to me. I played straight into an extremely high end Hi FI system at HFX Systems for a few of their special clients.

The audio was captured with the video camera mic so the audio could have been a bit be better but you’ll get the idea.

My Kemper was plugged into an Allen and Heath mixing desk which was connected to two mono Mcintosh 901 Valve power amplifiers. These amps sell for roughly $17500 each!

The amps were running into the top of the range JBL Everest DD67000 speakers. These speakers are selling for roughly £70 000!

Due to social distancing etc, only 8 clients were allowed into their listening studio at a time. There was quite a queue outside the listening room so the songs had to be played quite a few times.

I don't know how to embed Facebook videos but if you click on the link it'll take you to the video.

https://www.facebook.com/peter…videos/10160103070494097/

• Great playing and great Santana-ish sound, well done! And indeed an interesting scenery. But well, I think those are the experiences that add up to you being who you are as a human and as a musician. Great idea there to celebrate something like this in those times probably for some enthusiasts. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

• Nice sensitive playing and tone. Sounds expensive! Those were some lucky people who got to hear it live, social distancing certainly adds a whole new level of complexity to everything we do.

• Great playing and great Santana-ish sound, well done! And indeed an interesting scenery. But well, I think those are the experiences that add up to you being who you are as a human and as a musician. Great idea there to celebrate something like this in those times probably for some enthusiasts. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

Nice sensitive playing and tone. Sounds expensive! Those were some lucky people who got to hear it live, social distancing certainly adds a whole new level of complexity to everything we do.

Thanks guys,

Yes, it was quite strange but it has opened a few doors in terms of doing a few more gigs like this.

The thing that I enjoyed the most is that these guys being serious audiophiles listened intently to every note that was played and were most appreciative.