DI profile problem.

• Been profiling an old 78 Marshall JMP 50w 1987 model.
    The studio profile is perfectly fine but all of a sudden, the DI profiles are freaking out.
    This was all working the other day when I first set it up to test it and I have changed nothing.
    Signal chain is

Guitar into Kemper Toaster front inout.
    Send to Marshall

Marshall speaker out into Suhr Reactive load iR

Suhr output to Kemper return.

For the studio profile, I have been using the IR out on the Suhr Reactive Load. For the DI, I just switch to the unfiltered lout on the Suhr.
    What is now happening is that the DI profile is overly distorted and muffled. This was not happening the other day when I first set this up. Now I have the amp tweaked, the DI profile is not happening at all.
    The weeks before, I have been using the exact same setup for a couple of Boogie Mk3’s and all was fine. Studio, DI and Merged profiles were all good.
    Anyone got any ideas? Does the Kemper need resetting and how do I do that without losing everything. It’s all backed up to USB
    OS on the toaster is 7.1.5

Some additional info

The DI sounds fine until it’s profiled. I have the same IR loaded into Logic Space Designer so when refining DI profiles, I can hear them better. So, once getting to the process of doing the DI profile, it all sounds normal with the IR loaded in Logic. Just when the DI is profiled, what comes back is nothing like what the Profiler was sent. It is muddy and very distorted.

Have also sent a report to Kemper but just wondered if anyone has come across this and found a solution.

• I once had a problem where my DI profiles were overly distorted. After some troubleshooting I ended up switching from the XLR input on the KPA to the 1/4" input (different cable) and it fixed the problem. Since then Kemper has advised me that the XLR and 1/4" inputs are actually the same circuit so I suspect that my problem was a bad cable or bad connection, it hasn't happened again since. Just a thought...

• I think the short answer here is: Don't use a Load box.

I went through countless hours trying to figure out why I was getting inconsistent results to find out that the Kemper does not like to play well with load boxes. It will, in fact, work well sometimes and then you will do another profile with everything identical and get a totally different result. If you want consistency, don't use a load box with your kemper.