Noisegate Settings or recommendations

• Hey everybody, I'm a proud owner of a profiler rack about 3 weeks now and I'm totally happy with it.

But I have little problem with the noise gate.

I'm playing a dual rectifier profile with my ltd ec1000s and fishman fluence pickups in a relative high gain sound. I tried now a lot with the inbuild noisegate and and the two factory pack noisegates, but I still have some feedback sometimes. I don't can describe when cause its totally differently.

Can some of you recommend me some settings or tips to clear that?

I have a TC Electronic Sentry here too but that would be the last option of all ^^

Much greetings

Mike

• On really, mega high gain profile settings with my noisier guitar, I go with 2 instances of the Noise gate 4:1 in the pedal section. Set them both around 5. Usually dead quiet between notes at that point.

Then set the input noise gate as low as possible because I want more of a raw sound, say 2 or less. Matter of taste on that one.

Then if still noisy, raise the 4:1 noise gates as needed depending on the profile, maybe as high as 6 or 7 if out of control.

• Try placing the 4:1 Gate in the slot just prior to the stack section. Seems to work best for me in that position. I do not use the input gate at all and do run high gain profiles with Fishman Fluence pickups. I have noticed in a live situation that my EMG pickups are perfect, but The Fishman pickups have a tendency to ring slightly. Still working that out as I suspect it is coming from the proximity to the mains. We use an IEM system so no floor monitors are being used. Hope this helps.

• THX for the answers so far.

Lobsta im gonna try this tomorrow listens good

Mudd Flux what do u mean with "just prior to the stack section"?

I noticed this feedback on our last gig on last saturday and I think that the floor monitor have a big influence on it. In our rehearsal room the feedback is not so much as on that last live gig. And my other guitar with bareknuckle aftermaths has almost no feedback - okay they are passive ...

• Mudd Flux I tried the gate today in slot D, dont know whether it's really better, but I also have changed my setup on boxes today may this also made it lil bit better. but the gate is on threshold bout 7/7.5... think that is a little bit much, isnt it? The normal input noise gate I put on zero. Think I must test it on our next rehearsal

Lobsta I tried your also today, there was the problem the gate was to hard and I lost some tones in the upper highs and also some low end, however I set the both gates ...

• Yeah 7.5 does seem really high. I am around 4.0. Send me a private message with your email and let me send you a couple of rigs I use and that have been tested live for years. Maybe that will help to give you some guidelines. I will include my system settings also which might help to identify the issue.