Ac Sim Mix control like other EQs

• I'm really liking the sound of the Ac Sim blended with a direct guitar. I find the two together sound better than just the Ac Sim on it's own.

Currently I'm using the parallel path to add the DI guitar but I'm then limited on using only two effects slots and I'd much prefer to have them share the reverb and delay.

This is the best I can make it sound as is using two reverbs. It would be so much easier to just dial in the mix knob to 70% acoustic to elec and be done with it.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These profiles go to 11!

• Have you tried to control the sound by the AC controls?

The lower you dial the AC controls (to the left), the more the sound leans towards the original electric guitar sound.

The lower you dial the AC controls (to the left), the more the sound leans towards the original electric guitar sound.

Yes, when I tried out the AC by itself I tried it before and after the amp slots, with compression before and after, every knob in all ranges. The profile I dialed in above isn’t really trying to be an acoustic sound, just a unique and interesting clean guitar sound.

The AC sim is awesome for what it is, this is just more how I’d use it. If I could easily blend direct and AC to taste and aviod using the parallel path, I could add trem and have delay on both sounds.

These profiles go to 11!

yes but many people use a distorted electric guitar sound mixed with a clean piezo sound through a separate amp (or direct to FOH) in the physical world. For example, I have a PRS P22 and a Parker Fly both of which have piezo pickups. It is nice to blend the two. At the moment I would send the magnetic pickups to the Kemper and send the separate output for the piezo straight to FOH. Alternatively, I use the FX loop return and parallel path as a separate input and send both to the Kemper but only the magnetic pickups go through the Stack section. What people are saying os that it would be good to have that same flexibility from a regular guitar without the need for a dedicated piezo pickup.