Kemper Stage vs Toaster Output Level difference??

• Has anyone noticed a significant output level difference between the Kemper Stage and the Toaster? My Stage unit is metering at about 5db less output than my toaster. Even though all of my settings are the EXACT same on each unit......every single setting....and cable......and guitar.....and power.... haha I can't figure out why.....

• Hmmm. The spec page quoting +4dBu implies to me that this is stating the operating level, i.e. both units use the -20dBFS = +4dBu line-up standard, which defines the voltage output would be 1.228 V at +4dBu.

The specs for maximum output level are, as far as I'm understanding this, the maximum output level that can be driven prior to the onset of distortion. So, the Stage's output drivers are just a touch over 6dB lower (7dB according to the published figures but I'd put that down to rounding discrepancies between the two). 6dB is the difference between a balanced and unbalanced line, so I think the output driver has been redesigned on the stage to deliberately align the levels for the balanced and unbalanced outputs, thus avoiding any unexpected leaps in level when different interconnections are used. Otherwise, I guess it would drive +21/22 dBu cleanly as well.

Ed / Audio Systems Engineer / Kemper Stage + Fender fan