Resetting a Kemper - Bought used

• So! My Kemper is coming in the mail today, the previous owner said that he has a bunch of profiles on there that he has been using (and probably paid for).

I'm wondering though, whether I should do a reset of the amp or if I should just run it as is. I've searched online and some people recommend doing a factory reset in case the original owner changed a whole bunch of settings. But at the same time, it would be a shame to lose all the profiles the person has already paid for.

What do ya'll think? Whats the best thing to do? Is there a way to do a factory reset without losing profiles?

• Profiler is not that complicated. Just go over system/rig/input/output sections, page by page with Manual at hand, understanding what each option is doing and after 30 minutes you'll know profiler fairly well.

If you still want to reset everything to factory state, you can still keep the profiles: use Rig Manager software to copy them out to your computer, perform reset, and copy profiles back. This would work, but you'll probably gain more just by devoting these 30 minutes to learning how Profiler works and adjusting it for your needs, if necessary.

• Profiler is not that complicated. Just go over system/rig/input/output sections, page by page with Manual at hand, understanding what each option is doing and after 30 minutes you'll know profiler fairly well.

If you still want to reset everything to factory state, you can still keep the profiles: use Rig Manager software to copy them out to your computer, perform reset, and copy profiles back. This would work, but you'll probably gain more just by devoting these 30 minutes to learning how Profiler works and adjusting it for your needs, if necessary.

Right on, great advice. This is exactly what I'll do!

• If you're daunted by the choices of all the various parameters, worrying that the ones you come up with might be way-off-the-mark, you can always do a Global reset, which sets the basic-setup parameters to the factory defaults.

The “Init Globals” soft button in System Settings will reset most global parameters in System Settings and the Output Section. It'll also set locks to their default state. No Rigs, Presets, Cabs or Performances will be affected.

• I had the same scenario a month ago. I purchased a used mint condition head with other 500 profiles. Just because some are paid for doesn't make them better, there a MANY great free ones. I created a local library and moved all 500 to that folder and then did a Global reset and a Factory reset. I then started to pick and choose what I wanted back in the profiler from the 500, Kemper Rigs and from the Rig Exchange were I found many great ones. I am at about 80 Rigs loaded.

BTW...here are the instructions I received from Kemper email support on how to Factory Reset:

It depends what version of the operating system is installed. The current 7.5.4 version will automatically restore the factory settings if you apply a init&factory content reset.

In order to reset the PROFILER to the factory default state please perform the following steps:
    1. First, consider creating a backup as this process will delete all user data and reset all global settings.

2. Upgrade to the current PROFILER operating system release software. If your Profiler is currently running a version older than 7.3.2 you need to update to that version first. You can find it here

https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…8/Older-Software-Versions

3. Switch the PROFILER Head or Rack model off and press and hold soft button 1 (left above the display) while powering it on into tuner mode. If you are a STAGE user press the soft button 1 and the SYSTEM button and power the unit on.

4. Keep holding the soft button until "System Maintenance " appears on the display.

5. In maintenance mode press "Recovery", "Init&Factory Content", "Yes", "Ok".

6. Then press the Reboot soft button and reboot or simply restart the PROFILER with the chicken-head knob.