The best Hiwatt DR103 clean profiles?

• Hi there!

I am still missing ”hipower brilliant” sound of Axe FX. I know that it is supposed to be like this (the brilliant channel):

”Models:

1. Normal channel
    2. Brilliant channel
    3. jumpered channels

Cab: Hiwatt 4x12 (Fane)

Volume, Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence

Fractal Audio:

I have a 1974 Hiwatt DR-103. The model is based on that. It is one of the Harry Joyce, Hylight era models. Still has the original tubes. Closet find and sounds glorious.”

I have found some Kemper profiles for it, even some profiles from Axe FX, but they did not deliver that beautiful, little bit crispy sound I am looking for. Tonejunkies and M.Britt did not seem to have that kind of profiles in a brief look (maybe they do?). I mostly use PAF-style humbuckers. Any suggestions?

Thank you! :)

• Try increasing the Definition that you'll find under the Amplifier settings. This would work with any profile so if you've got something close, this might ad what you're looking for.

Or you could try changing Cabs to something a little brighter. Keep in mind that you can use the cabinet from any other profile for this, although it will take some trial and error. If you find Cabs that you like you can also save those under the Preset section in Rig Manager to make it easier to use them in the future.

• Try increasing the Definition that you'll find under the Amplifier settings. This would work with any profile so if you've got something close, this might ad what you're looking for.

Or you could try changing Cabs to something a little brighter. Keep in mind that you can use the cabinet from any other profile for this, although it will take some trial and error. If you find Cabs that you like you can also save those under the Preset section in Rig Manager to make it easier to use them in the future.

I have tried it, but something is still missing. I think there are limits how much you can tweak the profiles.

• I find that many profiles sound better to me with the Treble Booster placed in the STOMPS section, adjusted as necessary.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I find that many profiles sound better to me with the Treble Booster placed in the STOMPS section, adjusted as necessary.

Ok, that’s new to me, I´ll try that, thank you! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Despite of watching tonejunkies tutorials Kemper seems to be full of some more tricks...^^