Possible to have sound come out from the cabinet and monitor speakers at the same time?

• I've been fiddling with the settings all night and I can't seem to have sound come out of the cabinet and the monitor speakers at the same time.

My previous amp had stereo and had two speakers and it sounded really lush. So I want to run sound from my cabinet and also monitor speakers at the same time to get that same lushness.

I have the camper kabinet connected to the speaker out on the Kemper powerhead. And I have monitors connected to the "main output" L and R.

No matter what I do, I only get either the sound coming from only the Kabinet, or a mix of sound from the Kabinet and only the delay mix/effect coming from the monitors.

I don't know why this is because I do not have delay turned on at all.

• Press the OUTPUT button to get to the Output options. There are several pages of options there. The first page has Output Source. Your Main Output should be set to Master Stereo. Your Monitor Output should be set to Master Mono.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Press the OUTPUT button to get to the Output options. There are several pages of options there. The first page has Output Source. Your Main Output should be set to Master Stereo. Your Monitor Output should be set to Master Mono.

This is exactly how it is set. No sound.

I get the sound of my guitar in the kab, but the monitors is just a faint sound of a delay.

• I messed around with it some more and put both Main Output and Monitor Output set to "Master Stereo" and now sound is coming out of the monitors.

But there is still a delay effect applied to it, which I don't have on there?

• Hi, guitarchiq,

This is exactly how it is set. No sound.

I get the sound of my guitar in the kab, but the monitors is just a faint sound of a delay.

Do you have powered monitors? If they are passive monitors (no built-in amplifiers), then you'll need to get a stereo amp to power the monitors.

ST

• Hi, guitarchiq,

Please tell us about the connections from the Kemper to the monitors.

Ideally you are using XLR cables from the Kemper XLR Main Outputs to the Adam A5X XLR inputs.

What are you doing?

On the Kemper - what outputs?

What cables are you using? - please be specific.

On the Adam A5X - what inputs?

• I'm using two balanced quarter inch TRS cables, not XLR. So where you drew those orange lines, I used the ones to the right of those. The orange button is not depressed.

The cables are then going to the input of a peavey mixer. And then mixer monitor output is going to the the Adam A5x input.

• I'm using two balanced quarter inch TRS cables, not XLR. So where you drew those orange lines, I used the ones to the right of those. The orange button is not depressed.

The cables are then going to the input of a peavey mixer. And then mixer monitor output is going to the the Adam A5x input.

You might try connecting the Kemper outputs directly to the Adam monitors, which would then point you to where the problem lies.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

Zappledan makes a good point.

Please connect the Kemper directly to the Adam A5X inputs. If that sounds good, then the problem is in the signal path of the peavey mixer (or it could be something silly in the pinout assignments in the cables).

• Zappledan makes a good point.

Please connect the Kemper directly to the Adam A5X inputs. If that sounds good, then the problem is in the signal path of the peavey mixer (or it could be something silly in the pinout assignments in the cables).

I tried a different set of balanced 1/4" TRS cables and the same thing happened.

Then I tried connecting the the kemper directly to the Adam A5X using a 1/4" to XLR cable (skipping the peavey) as you two suggested and it worked. The sound was the same as my guitar, and the delay effect was gone.

Why is this the case? What can I do? the mixer is pretty key to my setup and Id like to have the kemper routed to the mixer first.

• Hi, guitarchiq,

Okay - you've narrowed it down to the mixer and we know the Kemper is working as it should.

Please post a link to the owner's manual for the mixer and tell us exactly how you have things connected

- from the Kemper to the mixer (what inputs)

- from the mixer to the Kemper (what outputs)

Thanks,

ST

• Here is the manual - Peavey PV BT 6 - https://peavey.com/ItemFiles/Manual/118741_30948.pdf

The main output left and right of the kemper 1/4" with balanced cables are going into the mixer on channel 3 and 4.

The main out of the mixer is going to the Adam A5x monitors.

• I think possibly you have the Master and Monitor volumes linked in the Output menu. You want to unchecked the box so you can control the 2 independently. Otherwise when you turn the Kemper volume down to prevent the Kone from taking your head off you're also turning down the input volume to the mixer. You usually don't want the Master outputs to change once set.