Bass profiles

• Hi everyone

I'm looking for some useful bass profiles. I`m no expert in bass amps, so I'd like some help from you. I'll use both clean and distorted channels.

Any suggestion to download?

thanks in advance

• Hi, you can try the BASSAMPEG or MarkBass profiles that are in the download section.

Personally i didn't find my bass sound for the moment especially bass sound with distortion but i'm looking forward for this cause i'm also a bass player.

• Bass profiles always seem to be the bastard stepchildren of the modeling world. I've used an Eleven Rack, Hd500, and others, and the bass profiles are always slim to none. The exception are the software modelers like Amplitube's Ampeg bundle and Apple's Garageband, but they aren't perfect

Someone also put up an Ampeg flip top from an HD500 here that sounds pretty good. There's also a plethora of Fender Bassman Profiles.

I like the Muff pedal for distortion on bass.

Maybe we can get TillS interested in bass. ^^

• Some multi mic'd SVTs would be great.. In saying that I had my precision through one of the clean AH profiles today and it was as fat as ever and didn't cloud the kik.. And I mean Low & Round an fat... Have a look round you might be suprsised what may work out for ya.. Although some funk stuff would be good..

And as one of the first 3 guys to buy a Virus A in New York last century seems like Mr Kemper has done it again..

• I also have a Hartke top and matching 4x10, if there's enough interest in this setup, I'll make a few profiles.

Well, I'd revert the approach and say that the availability of profiles making the KPA more versatile can't but help its popularity! More bass players would chime in if they knew the KPA is great for their instruments as well.

Furthermore, it seems to me that bass players have less whims than us guitarists when it comes to using electronic/SS stuff, this makes them more inclined to use a KPA if it sounds good IMO :)

• not necessarily, I've used bassmans for bass.

I also have a Hartke top and matching 4x10, if there's enough interest in this setup, I'll make a few profiles.

Still not a bass amp per se, but bottomline is whatever suits someone ;)

I am not a bass player, but I play the bass to my recordings, so I am really interested in any new ones and build a nice bass profiles set. Looking forward to the profiles!

• Still not a bass amp per se, but bottomline is whatever suits someone ;)

I am not a bass player, but I play the bass to my recordings, so I am really interested in any new ones and build a nice bass profiles set. Looking forward to the profiles!

Not entirely true, but I guess it's a matter of semantics. Fender originally introduced the Bassman as a bass amp. It just so happens to work better as a guitar amp.

• Not entirely true, but I guess it's a matter of semantics. Fender originally introduced the Bassman as a bass amp. It just so happens to work better as a guitar amp.

As said I'm not a bass player, so any history and education is welcome ;)

• I would be really interested in bassamp profiles too.
    A friend of mine has a marshall bass tubeamp (I don't know exactly which one). Do you have any suggestions on which microphones would be best for it?
    Or let's say which types, since I don't have that many to choose from ;)

• I would be really interested in bassamp profiles too.
    A friend of mine has a marshall bass tubeamp (I don't know exactly which one). Do you have any suggestions on which microphones would be best for it?
    Or let's say which types, since I don't have that many to choose from ;)

I like to use one of the classic bass drum mics for bass in a rock context, the AKG 112.
    But depending on what you're after you can use condensers, ribbon or dynamic mics, or a combination thereof. ;)