Two Guitars (Russian Gypsy Folk Song) Dr. Z Vol. 1 demo (anyone else use Dr Z?)

• Hi everyone, it has been a busy few weeks and finally got to a place where I could mix and finalize this beautiful arrangement of Two Guitars which is a popular traditional Russian Gypsy Folk Song.

I have 10 guitar performances on this song (6 electric and 4 acoustic) and 2 unique bass parts all running through a different profiles using the Dr. Z Vol. 1 profile pack which I think sounds so frigging good, from clean to dirty the tones really shine. At least on my side of the fence it sounds A-ok but alas I am no pro mixing engineer so I do the best I can with what'z I got'z! lol

I hope the bass comes through sufficiently, that is my curse not knowing how to really get a great drum/bass foundation before stacking the guitars all over the place. :S

Enjoy ~Dan 8)

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi Dan, crazy stuff, as always. Thanks for sharing mate, I hear again a lot of Frank Zappa-ish sounds in this. Very nice :thumbup:8)

Hi Deadman, u rock! FZ eh? Well that is a goal to strive for. I was def going for a Blackmore/SANTANA vibe during the intro. A very moving composition this one is, was a beast to try and mix. Lol

Are you an admin on this forum?

• Hi Deadman, u rock! FZ eh? Well that is a goal to strive for.

Yes. Unreachable for me. But I always admired Mr. Zappa's creativity and guitar styles.

Are you an admin on this forum?

No. By no means. I think you can easily identify the Kemper team folks (i.e. Mods / Moderators) here looking around their avatars. I think their status is clearly marked with blue bar and "Moderator" or "Kemper". Who are doing a great job by the way to keep the forum polite and on high quality :thumbup:8)

• Yes. Unreachable for me. But I always admired Mr. Zappa's creativity and guitar styles.

No. By no means. I think you can easily identify the Kemper team folks (i.e. Mods / Moderators) here looking around their avatars. I think their status is clearly marked with blue bar and "Moderator" or "Kemper". Who are doing a great job by the way to keep the forum polite and on high quality :thumbup:8)

my mistake, I noticed your omnipresence when looking around the board, this forum is very informative. ?

• Yeah very cool , I also hear a lot of Malsmteen in these tracks , modern classical.

The russian influence is definitely there too , it talks to me with my russian grandfather

Thank you waraba, I did not want to let down the family tree so I slaved over a hot mixing console to try and get it right.
    :)