What are your favorite effects on the Kemper?

• Just about any effect I reach for on the Kemper is fine now the delays and reverbs were updated. The next schedule thing is an update on the drives, but like me, you seem quite happy with the Green Scream.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• My secret weapon for High Gain stuff is the Treble Boost with mix around 10-25%, adds some really nice bite. :)

I'm honest I like the old legacy delay but my favorite effect is the awesome gate.

If the studio eq would have the option to hit a frequency precisely without banging my head against the wall it would be one of my favorites too. Hope some day you could type in the freq value inside the RM.

And I really like the Wah, I have some nice presets from this thread here in the forum and it does it's job really well especially with the auto off functionality which I love from my Morleys.

• I love the stereo effects, such as tremolo and chorus. I also really like the rotary effect with speed added as a switch to the remote. Spring reverb is great as well although I like to apply a high cut as early as 3500 Hz to make it sound a bit more old / vintage. I also like stacking two Green Screams through a D-style profile for some Mayer-esque lead tones.

• I'm a delay and reverb junkie. I've owned a Strymon Big Sky & Timeline, Eventide Space & Time Factor, a Helix, and a Fractal FM3. I think the delay and reverb on my Kemper Stage is as good as anything by Strymon and Eventide. I really like the Dual Delay set to 1/4 and 1/8d, with a flutter intensity turned way up, into the Cirrus reverb with mod most of the way up, and a really long decay time. So nice and epic sounding.

• Except gain/od/distortion I'm not much for effects. Delay for solo and clean sound is all I need. I'm a simple man.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• i rarely use any FX except a little bit of Reverb for ambience and maybe some delayin solos. However, if I do want to reach for an OD pedal rather than find an amp profile with the gain structure I am looking for I reach for the Mouse more often than not. I’m sure there is something wrong with me as the Green Scream does nothing for me at all.

• I think that Green Scream is designed for the classic taming of the low end on high gain amps. Set at lowest gain and highest output, it seems to tighten the bass frequencies well.

Karl

• last night was playing with my new SLO pack from Guido, I found a tuning adjuster added in one of the stomp slots - instant Eb if you want it, or even better natural sounding harmonies for double tracking. Didn't even know it was available lol.

I really dig the verb / delays since the updates too - oh, plus some gentle ducking where needed.

Edited once, last by paddyc ().

• My effects needs are pretty limited. I typically use a simple reverb and a simple delay. Typically a tube screamer pre-stack and the most important effect for me is the Transpose function. That saves me having to carry multiple guitars.

• last night was playing with my new SLO pack from Guido, I found a tuning adjuster added in one of the stomp slots - instant Eb if you want it, or even better natural sounding harmonies for double tracking. Didn't even know it was available lol.

I really dig the verb / delays since the updates too - oh, plus some gentle ducking where needed.

Interesting! Is this the transpose effect? Can that be used to simulate double tracking?

• Interesting! Is this the transpose effect? Can that be used to simulate double tracking?

Exactly. Steps in whole tone or half tone, can't remember. So could add 3rd's 5th's etc in further tracks. And it went up or down something like 2 octaves. I'll look at what it's called next time I get chance, as hadn't really noticed it before.

• I guess it really depends..

For 5150/rectifier like high gain sounds my "favorite fx" with no doubt is the definition parameter..

For clean fender amps (specially from britt and some other folks) it is the green scream..

The natural verb is all the money for me when it comes to "fx" to use with nice mid gain sounds.

But the morphing function is what I use with every profile.That is for sure.What a great tool..

• no, for that you want the “delay widener” effect which for some strange reason is located in the EQ effect group.

I wondered if I was the only one who thought that was strange! The delay and phase wideners are time based effects.

Karl