Recevied my Kemper today - cable missing?

• I never thought twice about it. I've got at least three cables lying around that work with it.

If it were a recording interface or required a computer to function or update, yeah. Heck, the one at my church never sees a computer.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Loading / previewing rigs without USB cable and Rig Manager is a bit sad experience. Especially with Stage which stays on the floor... I totally agree that USB cable should be part of the package. Costs pennies and would improve initial experience. Unboxing new high end toy only to realize that you have to go to the store and get a cable to fully use it is a bummer.

• just put the stage on your Table for previewing

makes no difference if the stage is on the table or the Computer you use to preview

Hi digbob, it's not the stage it's the head: it's already on the table, so no issue for previewing :)

My point is that now that the Rig Manager is available, it is much better to keep the KPA conencted to a computer (for Rig sharing, editing, automatic updates, etc) and it is just annoying that I need to spend more time and money to get a suitable cable. But ok, no problem, I will survive :)

Perhaps the device I bought was produced before the release of the Rig Manager and in this case it was pointless to include the cable in the delivery.

And maybe the new devices, produced after the release of the Rif Manager, are now shipped with the cable included, this I cannot say; if not, then this could be a suggestion for Kemper.

• It would require them to pack 2 cables, not 1.

USB-B ->USB-A

USB-B->USB-C

Just because they can't know what kind of port you want/need to connect it to. ;)

And then, what about the cable length? Too short of a cable? Too long of a cable?

Of course, would be nice to have but certainly would result in more effort and cost as well. And I rather get my own, exactly the one I need (connectors, length). Personally I wouldn't even mind if it came without power cable because I think I have a metric ton of spare power cables. :D

• .....Personally I wouldn't even mind if it came without power cable because I think I have a metric ton of spare power cables. :D

Here here. A business contact of mine in IT services has so many IEC power cords, they price it by the pound and can't *wait* to give you one.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I bought a $5000 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul.... and it didn’t come with a cable.

So I sent it back.

(No, I didn’t.. but there’s a point there.. Cables are subjective.... and cheap.... buy a cable that fits your needs.)

• I bought a $5000 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul.... and it didn’t come with a cable.

So I sent it back.

(No, I didn’t.. but there’s a point there.. Cables are subjective.... and cheap.... buy a cable that fits your needs.)

But I bet it came with strings. I would consider a cable sort of a string. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.