Looking back on your purchase; What would be the first thing you wish you had done when you first got your Kemper?

• This could be any answer from reading a particular article or watching a vid, to purchasing additional gear, to learning a specific settings... etc. I hope your answers will save this new prospect some anguish over fumbling to great tone once I get one. (Purchase plan is rackmount with two FRFR powered monitors to get studio sound first, and then move to live sound. I already have DAW monitors that I like and I am used to).

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• After playing through the factory Rigs, I wish I'd limited myself to the free Rig Packs and Rig Exchange.

Would've saved a whole lotta money and probably found many Rigs good enough to see me through. Once you take a bite out of the commercial-Profile cherry, it's hard to stop there... :pinch:

• After playing through the factory Rigs, I wish I'd limited myself to the free Rig Packs and Rig Exchange.

Would've saved a whole lotta money and probably found many Rigs good enough to see me through. Once you take a bite out of the commercial-Profile cherry, it's hard to stop there... :pinch:

Definitely. I bought commercial profiles like a kid in a candy store before I realized what I actually needed. Going through the factory rigs would have helped me figured this out way faster but back then, there wasn't as many awesome rigs coming stock with the Kemper.

Also... buying a great interface right off the bat instead of wasting time with the cheap ones.

• This could be any answer from reading a particular article or watching a vid, to purchasing additional gear, to learning a specific settings... etc. I hope your answers will save this new prospect some anguish over fumbling to great tone once I get one. (Purchase plan is rackmount with two FRFR powered monitors to get studio sound first, and then move to live sound. I already have DAW monitors that I like and I am used to).

You didn't mention the Kemper Remote. If you aren't planning to get one, order it now. I had my Kemper Profiler for a couple of years before I got my Remote. Within an hour, I wished I had gotten it sooner.

• Experimented with the cab settings. A lot of meh Fendery profiles suddenly came to life with a tweak. Also some profiles may benefit from a bit of treble boost before the amp section, but then I used to have a Twin reverb so could just be ear damage :)

• You didn't mention the Kemper Remote. If you aren't planning to get one, order it now. I had my Kemper Profiler for a couple of years before I got my Remote. Within an hour, I wished I had gotten it sooner.

I am budgeting just for home studio now. Those extras will have to come later. My main focus will be to define my tone -not copy other artists. I just need 3 tones; clean, crunch, and high gain. If I get those 3, and they are heavenly to my ears. then it's a win. But I may consider the Kab for amp in the room feel before the remote.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

I am the exact polar opposite. Had I been limited to only the factory rigs and the Rig Exchange my Kemper would have been on Craigslist within a month (I traded for a used powered toaster, foot controller and bag). I'd had my eye on the Kemper for a while and after browsing some of the commercial profile sellers I made a mental note that the first pack I would buy would be Michael Britt's Jim Kelley pack. Indeed, the evening I got my Kemper I purchased and installed the Kelley pack. I thought I'd died and went to heaven. I knew that evening the Kemper was here to stay.

I get what you are saying about the commercial profile rabbit hole. it happens. I've bought a bunch of them and many (most) were loaded, demoed and deleted never having sounded nearly as good as the demo videos on their website(s). In the end, the only profiles I play are packs I purchased from Michael Britt. There is just something about the way he profiles an amp that is pleasing to my ear. I finally convinced myself I'll never find profiles I like as well as the MB packs and I was able to get that commercial profile monkey off my back.

I wouldn't have done anything differently except maybe pulling the trigger sooner. I regret that didn't take the leap of faith earlier.

• I am the exact polar opposite. Had I been limited to only the factory rigs and the Rig Exchange my Kemper would have been on Craigslist within a month (I traded for a used powered toaster, foot controller and bag).

Ahh... but you didn't mention / overlooked Kemper's Free Rig Packs, which I specifically included 'cause many of the "great" Profilers (including your favourite, Michael), are represented by sample offerings hand-picked by Kemper.

I s'pose things would've been different for me had I only started now 'cause those packs have come a long way since 2015. Plus they're included in RM now, which they weren't back then.