Toaster & Rack Kemper’s both sounding like direct boxes!! What happened?!?

• I use my Kemper non-powered head at home for Direct Recording as well as the Rackmount model at the Studio I do sessions at.
    For some reason, they both seem to have lost their full,Amp-like Tones and feel. Now when I got to use them, it sounds like I’m just using a fizzy direct box. I use quite a few stock sounds as well as the two Dr.Z packages ( my Amps are a MAZ 38 1-12’and a MAZ 8 Studio 1-12”, so having Z tones is a godsend!)

There’ve been no changes to either units, so I’m stumped as to what’s happening....

I’m using a Custom Shop Telecaster, straight in to the Kemper, and usually just using the L single XLR out to my interface>MacBook>Logic Pro X.
    No clue what signal path my producer/engineer has...

I’m hoping that I’m just doing something stupid and easy to rectify.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, as The record we’re working on needs to be finished in a week or so.

Thanks

Ian.

• First thing to look for is the output menu. What is dialed in there for the outputs you use? Second thing is to have a look at the cabinet. Maybe you have locked it to "no cab".

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Thanks guys,

Cab section is still on, I’ve even tried going through the speaker menu and “swapping cabs”.
    Could you elaborate on the Output Menu,please?
    Thanks again

• Standard question first : Does it sound normal or fizzy with headphones out

of the KPA´s headphones output ?

"No changes to either units" you say .. Any other things that have changed ?

Cables , interface settings , mixer settings in Logic , phase buttons pressed ?? :/

Disconnect everything except headphones and guitar and work your way

forward connecting one cable at the time to where the fizz starts ......

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.