Hissing/Fuzz in profiles?

• Hey Kemper fam, need a little bit of help here. So, if anyone is familiar with Replicant Audio, they have a killer Fortin Meshuggah pack, but I noticed with almost all of the profiles in it, there's this annoying hiss/almost feedback like sound that happens while playing them. I know its a high gain amp, and I'm using a Skervesen with Bareknuckle juggernauts so they're really hot, but I've tried adding noise gates, tweaking the settings and nothing I do seems to get rid of it. If anyone has an idea or suggestion it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Load studio eq in the X slot. Go to the last page and there you have it. But kemper team decided to call it high cut here and low cut for the high pass filter. Might sound confusing for a noob but on all DAW and most third party plugins EQ it will be called high and low pass filter. Low pass filter cuts the highs that won't be needed and low pass filters take care of getting rid of e.g. bass on guitars, bass drums etc in a mix. Try anything until, lets say 7khz.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Buy/try different profiles?
    If the profiles are that bad/noisy, you should consider using different profiles.

That was a bad comment. :rolleyes: Of course he want to use what he purchased and asked for advice.

Henry David Thoreau

• ke12345 They're not bad profiles by any means, actually, Abiotic uses them (not sure if you're familiar) and their recordings come out really tight. It's probably something a qualified engineer could take care of in a mixing and mastering session, but, there's a lot of knowledgeable people on here, so I thought id ask and have a go.

• That's what a forum is for, to ask for help if needed. Do you have other guitars with different pickups and compared?

Henry David Thoreau

• ke12345 They're not bad profiles by any means, actually, Abiotic uses them (not sure if you're familiar) and their recordings come out really tight. It's probably something a qualified engineer could take care of in a mixing and mastering session, but, there's a lot of knowledgeable people on here, so I thought id ask and have a go.

Meanwhile I use my Kemper for 5 years.

If a profile does not fit from the beginning, take another.

It‘s not worth the time.

Even if a certain band (I don‘t know Abiotic) use this profile.

There are so many usable profiles out on the market, save your time.

• GearJocke I do have a few more guitars I've tried them out on, but all of the pickups in said guitars are high output, I've noticed its not as bad with the Seymour Duncans in my mayones though. ke12345 I definitely understand where you're coming from, but since I've already purchased the profiles id really like to use them in a recording session and figure it out, maybe im just being stubborn, I just wanna get my moneys worth.

• GearJocke I do have a few more guitars I've tried them out on, but all of the pickups in said guitars are high output, I've noticed its not as bad with the Seymour Duncans in my mayones though. ke12345 I definitely understand where you're coming from, but since I've already purchased the profiles id really like to use them in a recording session and figure it out, maybe im just being stubborn, I just wanna get my moneys worth.

Well sometimes you spend your money on useless things.

?

I recommend the profiles of Michael Britt, TAF,...

They are not useless.

Seriously, try different profiles. That can help.

• Seriously? He's interested in high gain metal profiles and you try to recommend him MB rock profiles that won't work for metal? :rolleyes:

Henry David Thoreau

• Hi Ajs6593 , The high cut recommendation from GearJocke is a good one, and that can definitely get rid of high end fizz. There's a High Cut in the Output menu if you select the Output soft button. That way you can save yourself an effects block for other stuff;) I typically set mine anywhere between 8k-10k depending on how much high end fizz or high end unpleasantness I'm hearing.

Another thing I'd highly recommend looking into, is the PureCabinet settings in your KPA. PureCabinet is a feature that's purpose is to smooth out any high end fizz caused by mic phasing and stuff like that. But it tends to change the high end a lot with high gain profiles and can in my experience, either make fizz more prominent and move the fizz to more obvious frequency ranges, or get rid off the fizz and smooth out the high end. It can have very different effects on each profile especially when working with high gain. It's definitely worth turning it off overall and then experimenting with it to see if having it either off or on at various settings can help solve your problem.

PureCab is set to 3 or 3.5 automatically on the KPA and is located in two places, the Output menu and in the Cab menu. The PureCab setting in the Output menu is a global setting, and the one in the Cab section menu is a "per profile" setting. There's also a PureCabinet soft button to turn it on and off globally in the Output menu, and unless it's turned off globally by using the soft button to disengage it, then even at 0 PureCab is still on. I just turn it off globally in the Output Menu, and set it per profile in the Cab menu. Having PureCab off globally allows you to set it individually per rig. I'd recommend experimenting with it on and off and see if it helps with any of the fizz.

Hope this helps!:)

• Use a eq Before the stack and reduce the volume level of the signal hitting the stack. It has worked for me in the past with some profiles. Maybe its the same as a noise gate no idea but the eq trick has worked in cutting amp hiss