Lag time switching performance rigs using footswitch

• Hi Everyone.

Hooked up a Boss FS-6 footswitch & programmed to switch up & down between profiles. I have a good clean & then a Diezel VH-4. I play metal so need pretty well timed switches.

I have a significant (maybe 0.25-0.5 sec) delay when I switch - so much that I have to start anticipating switches (hitting footswitch ahead of actual timing) which I think we'd all agree isn't great. Quick look on the net shows some mention of this, but posts are pretty old.

Has this been fixed? Could be a problem for me if not.

• Does the Boss switch change state on press or release? I have one I bought for my HX Stomp but honestly I've never used it.

Also, there's a couple settings somewhere in the system menu to deal with lag between patches. One talks about cross-patch blending or something like that, and the other one is constant latency, which I understand to mean there is a default "time gap" between patches, or if the change can be made faster, it will. Now, since I don't have my Kemper in front of me, I can't point you any closer, but it may at least be something to look into. Good luck!

-StumblinMan

(Gary)

• using performance mode.

Managed to limit it as Boss changes on release. So I'm stepping on pedal a second before change & then releasing. But this reduces rather than eliminates the lag.

• Does the Boss switch change state on press or release? I have one I bought for my HX Stomp but honestly I've never used it.

Also, there's a couple settings somewhere in the system menu to deal with lag between patches. One talks about cross-patch blending or something like that, and the other one is constant latency, which I understand to mean there is a default "time gap" between patches, or if the change can be made faster, it will. Now, since I don't have my Kemper in front of me, I can't point you any closer, but it may at least be something to look into. Good luck!

The constant latency soft button has nothing to do with switching as far as I know. It only comes into play in things like playing through multiple Profilers at once to avoid phase issues.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche