Treble booster settings

• I use the Treble Boost a lot, but my settings always vary to suit the particular profile at hand. I think you just have to use your ear on this one ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• There's no way I can know how bright/dark any given profile is that you might be using. I usually start with mix at 100% and adjust the tone until it's what I need. I generally keep the gain at unity. There's no one "right" answer, as we all have different ears :)

• There's no way I can know how bright/dark any given profile is that you might be using. I usually start with mix at 100% and adjust the tone until it's what I need. I generally keep the gain at unity. There's no one "right" answer, as we all have different ears :)

Maybe is my hearing issues, but to me it sounds like the eq shifts as you increase the mix. Mostly treble boost on low mix settings, a bit more high mid on medium mix and also clearly more compressed sound on 100%. Am I wrong? -I usually leave it at 20-30%, tone 0-2, volume 0

• Maybe is my hearing issues, but to me it sounds like the eq shifts as you increase the mix. Mostly treble boost on low mix settings, a bit more high mid on medium mix and also clearly more compressed sound on 100%. Am I wrong? -I usually leave it at 20-30%, tone 0-2, volume 0

Perhaps your ears are more sophisticated than mine :)

• In my DAW, I actually use a Flanger plugin as a treble booster- though not all plugins will work the same. I have a TCE Vortex on my pedalbaord which I dial in for a treble booster (to some extent) that's pretty close to the same results as my plugin. Try the built in flanger?? Just kill the warbble.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Maybe is my hearing issues, but to me it sounds like the eq shifts as you increase the mix. Mostly treble boost on low mix settings, a bit more high mid on medium mix and also clearly more compressed sound on 100%. Am I wrong? -I usually leave it at 20-30%, tone 0-2, volume 0

I am pretty sure the EQ shift you are experiencing is actually just the effect of blending two signals (straight amp and amp + boost) with different EQs. Lower mix setting will make the Amp EQ more dominant.