I finally bought a kemper kabinet

• 500 bucks for a 1x12 cabinet seems a little too much to me. I can get a marshall 4x12 for that. But I already have a marshall 4x12, so I bought a kemper kabinet. I think we use 4x12 cabinets out of tradition but it makes sense to me to use just one 200 watt speaker instead of 4 30-75 watters. How many gigs does the average musician really need a 4x12 cabinet for? For one thing a 1x12 cab is a lot lighter. Given that you can use 1 kemper kone for a kemper kabinet but you need 4 speakers to fill a marshall the kemper is more cost effective, though it has a much higher price than a v30, greenback, etc. Also, those kemper kabinets are really stylish. They look great. It would look cool onstage to have a wall of kemper kabinets behind you.

But anyway, to those that have one, does it solve the "amp in the room" issue that digital units have?

• But anyway, to those that have one, does it solve the "amp in the room" issue that digital units have?

To a certain degree, it will feel like a 1 x 12, in my opinion it’s the best personal monitoring solution on the market.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• nice. i couldn't find any youtube videos with a proper A/B to see the difference so buying the kabinet was a leap of faith. I would have preferred to just fill a marshall cab with kones but the kabinet was a cheaper option.

• I even tried my Kabinet with bass and was shocked. I could play in a band setting with the volume it gets. Maybe not if you've got a hard hitting drummer, but it would totally handle anything that i would care to play in...if I were to play bass again someday in a band and not guitar.

• nice. i couldn't find any youtube videos with a proper A/B to see the difference so buying the kabinet was a leap of faith. I would have preferred to just fill a marshall cab with kones but the kabinet was a cheaper option.

It is not possible to A/B. First, the sound you would hear on utube will be a MICED sound and not what you will hear in the room.

Second, it is not recommended to mic the Kemper Kone / Kabinet - due to its construction. If someone just records an A/B with a phone / mic in the room, the results will also not be accurate at all.

So there will be no useful demo of the Kemper Kabinet.

• the sound you would hear on utube will be a MICED sound and not what you will hear in the room.

I watched one where a guy did an AB and you could tell the difference. He wasn't using the kabinet though, just regular guitar speakers. He was just demonstrating the difference between a kemper and an amp.

And those kones aren't meant to be miced. like you said, so that prevents a proper AB on them. just have to wait and see for myself

• Pretty certain something else was amiss beyond the cabinet sucking. Breaking after 3 minutes makes zero sense.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• You won't be disappointed. I

yes i will. This thing is garbage. I got it an hour ago and it's already died and I've already emailed the retailer to return it. This cheap little cabinet isn't worth 480 even if it did function as intended (spoiler- it doesn't)

• Pretty certain something else was amiss beyond the cabinet sucking. Breaking after 3 minutes makes zero sense.

maybe it has something to do with the lazy fedex guy loading it onto the truck for delivery and then not delivering it every day for 5 days.

• maybe it has something to do with the lazy fedex guy loading it onto the truck for delivery and then not delivering it every day for 5 days.

Uhm....no. Sorry you're disappointed, but something is clearly wrong here, and it isn't that the cabinet is a garbage design.

• Uhm....no. Sorry you're disappointed, but something is clearly wrong here, and it isn't that the cabinet is a garbage design.

here's a little tip- you should understand what you're replying to before you reply. Reading and comprehension go hand in hand. I was saying that possibly rough handling during shipping is what killed it. I don't know how you could read that and the assume I was talking about the cabinet design.

• here's a little tip- you should understand what you're replying to before you reply. Reading and comprehension go hand in hand. I was saying that possibly rough handling during shipping is what killed it. I don't know how you could read that and the assume I was talking about the cabinet design.

I don't know if you're trying to be an ass, or if you just are. My money is on the latter.

I was trying to be nice, but maybe you just need to be mad at something.

So have at it.

What a completely useless piece of shit. Fuck this thing. this cabinet is pure crap. It's going back for a refund today. 500 bucks for one speaker and they can't even get that speaker to work

If that isn't an accusation on the speaker itself, I'm not sure what is.

• yes i will. This thing is garbage. I got it an hour ago and it's already died and I've already emailed the retailer to return it. This cheap little cabinet isn't worth 480 even if it did function as intended (spoiler- it doesn't)

First, I don't own one; however, I can say that the Kemper company does not put out trash. Kemper is a company that makes a living off of ex-tube amp guitar players who have the most discerning tone requirements, and enough money to play a Kemper rig. I am POSITIVE if you work through whatever is wrong in your setup, you will find tonal bliss. If you have already returned it, it doesn't matter really.