Mission km212p or Kenper Kab

• Hi

I have been running my powerhead through a mission km212p for the past 2 years. My rig generally sounds great. Although with all the updates , I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing out and have started to look at either a kemper kab or maybe even changing to the kones in the km212p.

As i say there is nothing at all wrong with the km212p but wonder if the the kones or kab will sound even better?

Just looking to see if anyone else has tried any of the above ?

Cheers

• Just got a kone from a friend, for testing. I have not tried the gemini cab myself, but it sounds good and with authority on my same friends axe rig. That being said, I find the FRFR mode on the kone not particularly good, it is all about the imprints, which technically can get you as close as possible to an actual cab sound on the kemper with the actual speaker on it. I believe the km212p sounds wonderful, if you like the sound you have, and the semi "amp in the room" you get from the gemini, I wouldnt bother to get the kone, it is a sidegrade, instead of a clear upgrade.

The answer is 42

• I’m interested in the 212P. I have powerhead too and don’t want to waste money buying something with built in power amp that I don’t need. Why don’t you like the 212P? What kind of music do you play through it?

• I do like my km212p a lot , but wonder if the kones / kab would be an upgrade due to the imprints.
    the Km212p sounds great and covers every genre really well and I have never thought of changing it before . I would highly recommend it for a power head.
    I suppose I’m just really intrigued with the kab /cone.

Might have to just pull the trigger on one and find out myself.

• I do like my km212p a lot , but wonder if the kones / kab would be an upgrade due to the imprints.
    the Km212p sounds great and covers every genre really well and I have never thought of changing it before . I would highly recommend it for a power head.
    I suppose I’m just really intrigued with the kab /cone.

Might have to just pull the trigger on one and find out myself.

If you play high to heavy gain, the Kabinet sucks. I don't know how the Kones would perform in a 2x12 or 4x12 but as it is the 1x12 Kabinet it's no good.

• If you play high to heavy gain, the Kabinet sucks. I don't know how the Kones would perform in a 2x12 or 4x12 but as it is the 1x12 Kabinet it's no good.

IMHO it sounds fine for high gain, but not for super high gain mesa double recto stile amps, it is too small. The EQ and bass contour on the kone section will get you nice tight bottom end, but never the amount of pushed air of a 4x12 celestions cab. Kones in a 2x12 sound amaizing tough.

The answer is 42

• I decided to take the plunge and have just installed 2no kemper kones into my mission km212p. First impressions are they are very good

My existing presets sound Fuller and brighter but in a good way..

There is a now a real air pushing thump coming from the cab,.

So far well worth the investment.