1000 Profiles Max Number of Profiles Able to Store

• I heard on a youtube video that you can only have up to 1000 profiles stored on your kemper at a time. I have way more than that and I am hitting my 1000 profile limit. What do people do with more than 1000 profiles?

• the total number of rigs that can be stored in a Profiler is 1625. 1000 in browse mode and 625 in perform mode. If you have more rigs in your library you must use the Rig Manager software to organize your rig collection. It is also important to understand that the memory space in browse mode is dynamically allocated between rigs and presets. In other words: if you have lots of presets you will not be able to store the maximum number of rigs.

For the sake of easy access and manageability we recommend that you only keep the rigs in your Profiler that you actually use on a daily basis and not use it as a mass storage device.

Another reason to only keep rigs in your Profiler that you actually use is that in case of an unexpected power out the Profiler needs to rebuild the database when it is restarted. This process will be a lot faster for a Profiler that holds 100 rigs compared to one that is maxed out with 1000 rigs.

• This is not just a limitation of disk space. The PROFILER user interface is not designed to effectively deal with thousands of Rigs and presets. Browsing and searching for a particular Rig would be ineffective. Focus the data stored on your PROFILER on the ones you really use - for guitar playing. And use Rig Manager for your bigger collection.

Yes, computers can fail. External drives and even a PROFILER could fail as well. So, perform backups of your PROFILER on USB memory stick after each major change. I even keep copies of these backups on my PC. And include these plus Rig Manager data in your PC backups.

• I keep a low number of rigs on my KPA to speed up boot time. For my workflow, it makes zero sense to keep mine full.

Yep - computers fail. Your KPA can also be stolen or fail itself. After all, it is a computer. Regardless, to have just one copy of anything is to invite disaster. It doesn't matter what medium it's on. Backup drives are worth the money.

Even the smallest USB drives will hold more rigs than can be believed. Or, back up RM to a cloud service and it doesn't matter where in the world you are, you can recover.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche