M Britt Pack 3 - Any good?

• Hey bros

I'm thinking about buying M Britts "Pack 3" and wondered if any of you have bought and used it...

How was your experience with it? Does it worth the price or can I get the same results with free profiles?

(btw, I'm using a fat traditional Les Paul most of the time)

Thx;)

• There is a Michael Britt Rig Pack for free on the Kemper Website in the Download area.

Try this profiles. If you like some of them, you can go ahead and buy some of his packs.

I have some packs by M. Britt. But for some players, there are profiles of M. Britt, which sound a little bit „foggy“ or „dark“.

You have to try what fits for you.

• And by the way, a lot of guys here like M. Britts 2020 Pack!
    I have it on my own.

I was about to recommend it. I have pack 2020, brown bag, 1, 2, grab and go, and marshall 69 pack, If I had to part with one pack, it would be the 2020 pack, close second place with the pack 1, third place would be pack 2, this is more about what you are looking for, both packs are great, but to be honest, I dont visit pack 2 as often as pack 1. Pack 3 for me is a big mistery, but I believe you can trust M Britt to get the best of the amps listed. If you like the models I bet you wont be dissapointed.

The answer is 42

• I have several packs of M Britts.Some profiles don't correspond at my musical style but you always find what you are looking for.M Britts profiles are all classy and true .

The secret of Mr Britts is his wide musical culture and he provides the best profiles,they are balanced and realised by a true professional.I would like to know a third of his knowledge about guitar amplifiers.You will never be disapointed by any his packs in any styles !

• Honestly, pack 3 is the one I regret buying. The reason being that it just feels more of the same after pack 1 & 2. In that era of his profiling, he was using the same cab for pretty much everything, and while it might work for him, the tones often end up feeling almost identical to one another (in varying amounts of gain). I used stuff from his pack 1 and 2 quite a bit for a while, and also his AC30 pack still (because it's profiled with the stock speaker) but I think I've never ended up using anything from pack 3. YMMV

• I have several packs of M Britts.Some profiles don't correspond at my musical style but you always find what you are looking for.M Britts profiles are all classy and true .

The secret of Mr Britts is his wide musical culture and he provides the best profiles,they are balanced and realised by a true professional.I would like to know a third of his knowledge about guitar amplifiers.You will never be disapointed by any his packs in any styles !

All styles really?

I have all his packs and like them for what they are!

But can you please guide me to the profiles working for Bay Area Thrash Metal. True Black Metal. And some Djent rigs please. A few play ready Shoegaze or post-rock profiles? Which profile would you suggest for Crust-Punk? Which work really good for 7 or 8 string guitars?

• Honestly, pack 3 is the one I regret buying. The reason being that it just feels more of the same after pack 1 & 2. In that era of his profiling, he was using the same cab for pretty much everything, and while it might work for him, the tones often end up feeling almost identical to one another (in varying amounts of gain). I used stuff from his pack 1 and 2 quite a bit for a while, and also his AC30 pack still (because it's profiled with the stock speaker) but I think I've never ended up using anything from pack 3. YMMV

There is a ton of true here too, as a word of warning he does profile like 80% of his catalogue with his 3P switchback cab loaded with classic 80 celestions, this lead us to some profiles sounding very similar in the later profiles. But in his defense, I believe he knows quite well what he is doing, if you take the 2020 and any of the fender profiles in there, you will find them very different, even tough they are technically very similar amps. Also they react quite well to other cabs, I use the greenback cabs from the Marshall 69 pack in a lot of medium gain profiles to give them the full body treatment, but 90% of the time, just using basic eq I get them where I want them, thats the magic of M britt. I find its cab sits in a very happy medium where you can tune the sound to mix as a big cab in the back, or an small cab in the front pretty easily. And they are FRFR ready for sure.

The answer is 42

• All styles really?

I have all his packs and like them for what they are!

But can you please guide me to the profiles working for Bay Area Thrash Metal. True Black Metal. And some Djent rigs please. A few play ready Shoegaze or post-rock profiles? Which profile would you suggest for Crust-Punk? Which work really good for 7 or 8 string guitars?

You think M Britt have any good profiles for metal? It doesn't seem to be his style really

• But for some players, there are profiles of M. Britt, which sound a little bit „foggy“ or „dark“.

You have to try what fits for you.

Tbh I tried his free profiles on the rig exchange... My expectations were super high, but my experience quite disappointing.

Most profiles did sounded "foggy" "dark" and kinda lifeless...

Am I doing something wrong?

From videos and people reviews his profiles sound phenomenal...

• :DYeah wasn't paying attention lol

Still, 80s metal he has some nice tones, his custom audio OD100 in the 2020 pack its pretty nice, and you can use the marshall pack for some oldschool trash no problem. I dont have the crank and go pack, but he delves deeper into the high gain models there.

And regarding pack 3 being a mistery to me, it is that I dont have it because I never had the impulse to buy it, I was quite please and still discovering new sounds in pack 2, then the 2020 pack happened, and had some of my favorite amps of all time, so I had to buy it. I dont think that pack 3 is bad, it just did not appeal to me due to the amps selection.

The answer is 42

• Tbh I tried his free profiles on the rig exchange... My expectations were super high, but my experience quite disappointing.

Most profiles did sounded "foggy" "dark" and kinda lifeless...

Am I doing something wrong?

From videos and people reviews his profiles sound phenomenal...

It can help to change the cab if you want to make M. Britts profile a little bit cleaner, less dark.