Kemper Kone with HX stomp

• Hi Folks,

I'm using a Kemper stage and currently I'm running the main outs to FOH and the monitor out to the return of a joyo Bantamp (20 watt SS power section) running into a 2X12 cabinet loaded with a G1275 speaker. I really like my set up but have been thinking about getting a Kone to replace the speaker in the cab. Now the Kone requires a 4Ohm impedance and the Bantamp manual says that I need atleast 8ohms or greater to use that as my power amp. So I'm considering investing in a Kone with a Powerstage170 possibly. However, my big question is whether my backup rig which is a HX stomp in the same configuration would work with the Kone? Can I hook up the Stomp with my stock Cabs/IR's into the the 170 and run it to the Kone. Would it still work as an FRFR solution?

Many thanks in advance!!!!

• Hi Folks,

I'm using a Kemper stage and currently I'm running the main outs to FOH and the monitor out to the return of a joyo Bantamp (20 watt SS power section) running into a 1X12 cabinet loaded with a G1275 speaker. I really like my set up but have been thinking about getting a Kone to replace the speaker in the cab. Now the Kone requires a 4Ohm impedance and the Bantamp manual says that I need atleast 8ohms or greater to use that as my power amp. So I'm considering investing in a Kone with a Powerstage170 possibly. However, my big question is whether my backup rig which is a HX stomp in the same configuration would work with the Kone? Can I hook up the Stomp with my stock Cabs/IR's into the the 170 and run it to the Kone. Would it still work as an FRFR solution?

Many thanks in advance!!!!

I'm afraid this won’t work as intended.

The Kemper Kone needs the corrective EQ applied to it by a Profiler to be flat (or to be what imprint you choose).

Without the EQ applied it sounds very dark and muffled.

• I'm afraid this won’t work as intended.

The Kemper Kone needs the corrective EQ applied to it by a Profiler to be flat (or to be what imprint you choose).

Without the EQ applied it sounds very dark and muffled.

Thank you very much Ingolf! I was very unsure about this point. So essentially the Kemper Kone is pretty much unusable without the Kemper amp? I guess this makes it very different from the Powercab for instance. You could use the Powercab with say a Tube amp and a load box. The speaker emulations still works but they don't sound great at all in the room. Reviews suggest that the Kone is awesome at emulating some of the classic speakers...