Profiling high gain amp, need some advice...

• Hi all,

I've made some really good high gain profiles of my Sig X...but the profile also captures the "hiss" of the amp.

I've tried a noise gate in the loop of the amp, which does take care of the hiss, but then the profile comes out all wonky.

Other than lowering the gain (which seems counter productive to what I'm attempting to achieve), is there anything I can do to avoid capturing the amp hiss?

Thanks,

~Troy

• Hi Troy, if I recall correctly, when reading the owners manual, using a noise gate when profiling will not work properly…

I profile lots of high gain amplifiers and yes, the hiss is just part of the reality of an accurate profile of any given amplifier.

You can add a touch of noise gate to the profile after it is finished…

• Hi Troy, if I recall correctly, when reading the owners manual, using a noise gate when profiling will not work properly…

I profile lots of high gain amplifiers and yes, the hiss is just part of the reality of an accurate profile of any given amplifier.

Yeah, I do remember reading that in the manual too. I just thought I'd give it a try to see. And yeah, sure enough, it don't sound good. Lol

Anyway yeah, I kinda thought that maybe the case, to just have to deal with the hiss a try to dial it out afterwards.

Thanks SQUAREHEAD!

~Troy

I adjusted the Noise Gate in the Kemper. That did the trick! Thank You!!!

~Troy