New user in Florida

• Hi All,

I have been playing guitar for some time. I have many gigs under my belt. I tried to go to a direct rig about 10 years ago with an Axe FX Ultra. It had it's challenges. By the time I got a MIDI foot controller and a couple of expression pedals and connected that all up it was as much work as taking out a small combo with a pedal board, or maybe more work. I very quickly discovered I couldn't leave the front of my monitor so I had to buy some in ear monitors. I just couldn't get what I wanted from this rig and quickly stopped using it. When I saw the Kemper Stage, I immediately liked it. This unit solves all of the issues I had with the other unit. I am figuring this unit, in ear monitors and a wireless and I am up an running. I have all of the other pieces. I bought the unit and it showed up today.

I am looking at possibly buying the green Mission expression pedal to use with this. I plan on setting it up as a volume pedal that switches to a wah when you step on the switch. I know others have done this before me. I know I need a TRS and a TS cable to make it work. I would like both cables to have one angle end and one straight end. Where is a good place to get these and what lengths of cable are others using. By my measurements I think I need them to be between 16 to 18 inches. I don't want cheap cables. Any information is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to this journey with the Kemper Stage and being a participant here.

• welcome to the family ?

I’m originally from Florida, been on Michigan for a long long time

Any decent cable will work, it’s not passing audio, just info

I am originally from Ohio. I was born and raised there. I have been in Florida for about 8 and a half years now.

I called Sweetwater on the cables. Evidently getting them the length that I am looking for is not going to be easy. That is why I am wondering what length other people are using for this. I can make the TS cable. I don't have the cable to make the TRS. If I was going to make more than one cable I would consider buying some. I still have have to go that route if I can't find what I want.

• Hi JEverly,

Welcome and congratulations on getting your Kemper Stage. I'm sorry I can't recommend a specific cable. Thanks of doing the research before asking the question.

I have the Profiler with Remote, and recently got the Stage. I hope you will be as happy with yours as I have been with mine.

Here some more links.

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

Kemper Video Tutorials and Demos

• Welcome, mate.

I saw your post about missing out on the Britt-loaded Stage by just one day. Bummer man!

Have you looked at the Hosa catalogue? I've usually found them to have enough flavours of connectors and lengths to prevent me from having to build my own:

Hosa 2019 Product Catalog

• I found some at monoprice. They have the angled jack on both ends, which isn't exactly what I wanted. They are 18" and look to be build decent. The price was very reasonable. I will know if they were a good buy once they get here and I can get my hands on them.

I have been looking around at prices on the pedal. For some reason I can find the black one for like $24 less than the green one. I guess I will have to decide if the green one is worth the extra $19.

• Hi JEverly,

welcome to the family, thanks for sharing your story and a lot of fun with the Stage!

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Welcome! Florida native here. I have 2 Mission Kemper pedals. They are great for wah as the throw is identical to a standard wah pedal, but you may find it reacts too quickly as a volume or other expression pedal. I wish I had bought 1 pedal with a wider throw for volume.

If you really want more of an amp feel, get the Kemper Kone. It's more $$$ to spend, but I put one in an open back cabinet with a DV Mark, Ciro Manna head as the power amp and love it. It is night and day difference from a powered FR cab. More natural sounding.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me