Input LED keeps clipping...

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to Kemper and recently got myself a kemper unpowered rack unit. I'm Loving it very much! The only issue I have is the input light clipping as hell...doesn't matter if I play a loud distorded profile or a clean profile but he input led keeps clipping red. I don't hear any sound clipping but I would really like to solve this "problem". Hope you guys can help me out!

Information:

- I'm not using active pickups

- Clean sens is at 0 db

- Distortion sens is at 0 db

- Input soruces is at front input

I'm looking forward to some tips and advise! :)

Kind regards,

Tom

• Welcome to the forum! What color are you seeing on the LED? Green is simply presence of input, Yellow is at the high end, and Red is clipping.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Welcome to the forum! What color are you seeing on the LED? Green is simply presence of input, Yellow is at the high end, and Red is clipping.

Thanks for the reply, i'm using the normal led colours. When I play the led often turns red. Especially when I'm picking a bit harder, which makes sense I guess, but it's clipping more than it should be.

• Thanks for the reply! I've tried lowering the clean sense a bit but it seems it only stops clipping when im lowering the clean sense all the way down. With input sources I mean the options you have in the system setup. I have it set at front input, because i'm running the output of my wireless system into the front input of the Kemper amp.

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks for the reply! I've tried lowering the clean sense a bit but it seems it only stops clipping when im lowering the clean sense all the way down. With input sources I mean the options you have in the system setup. I have it set at front input, because i'm running the output of my wireless system into the front input of the Kemper amp.

Thanks in advance!

The other guys already pointed this out, but you really should mention this in the opening post. Lowering the pickups not only changes the output, but also alters the sound of the guitar. And don't lower them too far, of they'll fall into the body of the guitar, depending on the make and model.