Do I need non baked in cab profiles if I am using a real cab and tube power amp?

• The cabinet portion of a PROFILE can be switched off with a short press of the CABINET button, or it can be disabled globally in the OUTPUT menu 'Monitor Can Off' - the SPeaker Out signal is identical to the Monior out signal.

With a Studio PROFILE the PROFILER makes a very educated guess where the amp ends and where the cabinet begins, in a Merged PROFILE the PROFILER knows exactly where this point is.

There will however already be a sonic signature from the power amp section of the profiled amp, so using a tube amp as power amp will make the resulting signal less authentic.

• DonPetersen then how would you suggest powering a real 4x12?

I just bought a Fryette PS2 because I don't care for my Atomic CLR or Xitone frfr's (compared to 4x12 real cabs

Also can you expand on your comment 'signal less authentic' versus feel of 2 real 6L6 tubes in the Fryette?

Thanks!

• I used a 4x12 before the Kabinet with a powered PROFILER.

The power tube signature is already part of the PROFILE, if you send this PROFILE through another tube amp with all it's inherent non-linearities it might even sound good to you, but it won't be as authentic as a linear solid sate/digital power amp with sufficient headroom.