Just got my Kemper and had a question

• So this is kind of a strange question and I cannot find an answer, or at least one that I can make heads or tails of: I am having trouble getting the hang of what the audio output menus mean. I am wanting to send the cabinet IRs only through the direct audio output and not the speaker output, while making sure my actual cabinet is receiving all the effects but NOT the IRs. Is GTR+PROCESSING the cabinet too, or just effects? This thing is amazing but the learning curve is super steep I am finding.

Rig Rundown

Guitars: Electra X250 Invictus, BC Rich Bich Exotic Maple Classic

Basses: Harper Guitars Custom Artist Model Brooklyn, Dean Razorback Artist Model

Amps: SKB Eight Slot Rack, Kemper Profiling Rack Amp 600 Watt, RackRider Power Conditioner

Guitar Cabinet: Custom 4x12 with four 150w Eminence Swamp Thang speakers

Bass Cabinet: Peavey Black Widow 2x15 with two Eminence Kappa Pro LF15s, Crate 4x10 with four Eminence BP102 speakers.

Pedals: Behringer PCB1010

• So this is kind of a strange question and I cannot find an answer, or at least one that I can make heads or tails of: I am having trouble getting the hang of what the audio output menus mean. I am wanting to send the cabinet IRs only through the direct audio output and not the speaker output, while making sure my actual cabinet is receiving all the effects but NOT the IRs. Is GTR+PROCESSING the cabinet too, or just effects? This thing is amazing but the learning curve is super steep I am finding.

Yeah, finding some Kemper settings for the first time can be super frustrating.

See the Main Manual 7.5’s page 107:

“The MONITOR OUTPUT allows you to run the amp sound without virtual guitar cabinet, while other outputs still contain the virtual guitar cabinet. Engage “Monitor Cab Off” to switch off the guitar cabinet.“

You’d use the Main Output for your direct out and Monitor Output with Monitor Cab Off parameter engaged under the Output menu for your power amp -> guitar cab use.

• sounds like you just need to use the monitor out with Monitor Cab Off ticked.

The monitor output wouldn't power my speakers though, correct?

Rig Rundown

Basses: Harper Guitars Custom Artist Model Brooklyn, Dean Razorback Artist Model

Amps: SKB Eight Slot Rack, Kemper Profiling Rack Amp 600 Watt, RackRider Power Conditioner

Bass Cabinet: Peavey Black Widow 2x15 with two Eminence Kappa Pro LF15s, Crate 4x10 with four Eminence BP102 speakers.

• The monitor output wouldn't power my speakers though, correct?

Is it a powered Kemper? If so, connect the speaker output to your speaker.

If it's an unpowered Kemper, you'd have to connect your monitor output to a power amp of some kind and connect that to the speaker. Otherwise you'll be unable to drive the speaker.

As others said, just tick the "Monitor Cab" setting in the output section to off in order to remove the cab sound from the signal.

• which Kemper version are you using? Powered or Unpowered? The powered version has Monitor out and Speaker Out but they both receive exactly the same signal in relation tone and settings. Therefore, Monitor Cab Off also affects the Speaker output.

Powered Rack. So how would I send the cab sims to house, and not send them to my actual cab?

Rig Rundown

• Powered Rack. So how would I send the cab sims to house, and not send them to my actual cab?

Just connect the speaker output to the cab and select monitor cab off in the output section. This disengaged the cab section on the monitor and speaker output, which mirror each other. Your regular outputs will carry the cab signal to the FOH using the stereo TS outputs or the XLR outs.