Boss katana 100 mk2 with Kemper Kone?

• The Kone is not flat, and is designed to be used only with the Kemper, where all the EQ magic is done.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• thanks! but what happens if i plug another modeler, whats the sound of the speaker? normal guitar speaker? i want to use it sometimes plugin my kemper stage to the "power amp in" but wondering if the kemper kone will mess up the sound of the stock katana amp models when the kemper is not plugged in

The Kone is not flat, and is designed to be used only with the Kemper, where all the EQ magic is done.

• thanks! but what happens if i plug another modeler, whats the sound of the speaker? normal guitar speaker? i want to use it sometimes plugin my kemper stage to the "power amp in" but wondering if the kemper kone will mess up the sound of the stock katana amp models when the kemper is not plugged in

It will mess up with the Katana sound for sure, the thing is the kemper kone is engineered to work closer to the celestion F12-X200 for what I can see in the frequency responses some people have taken out:

Like this one

So what happens is that the cone has a higher output in the highs and some mids than a conventional speaker, so post kemper magic (EQ) the frequencies are eq´ed out and get the cone to sound really close to the real deal. The magic here is the kone is designed to have high spl and move more air than a conventional flat response speaker.

So what you will hear without the kemper eq, is a very very fizzy output from your katana channels, and I doubt you will be able to eq that out and make your sound as before. I would not recommend it. If you already have the katana, keep it as it is, if you want the kone magic but keep the nice katana tones, there are 2 ways, profile all your favorite katana tones and change the speaker for a kone, so you always use the kemper as preamp, or make a kone cabinet (get one kemper kabinet) and modify your katana so you can connect the output to the new cab (the 100 mkii has no speaker output ports sadly). I would rather keep the katana as it is, and buy the kabinet and a cheap power amp to run it (BAM200 or Powerstage 170/200)

The answer is 42

• A word of warning: I dont remember katana speaker impedance and power, you might need to be pretty careful with the master volume, because the 4 Ohm impedance of the kone might lead into overcurrent in the power amp. Just be careful with that if you decide to actually change the speaker.

The answer is 42

• thanks! naww, i love my kemper, i actually bought the katana as monitor for the kemper and to work as a backup just in case, or if i'm lazy just take the katana to a gig,

thanks!