Question on piezo equiped guitar....mixing the direct piezo sound with an acoustic profile

• Hi all,

I had the idea to mix the direct piezo sound with an acoustic profile.

Ideally I'd do a match of my piezo against a nice mic'ed acoustic sound then profile that via tone dexter or another modeller etc etc

There doesn't seem to be a way to mix the two sounds though.

Parallel path I could use the same reverbs for both chains but it only will let me use the one loop once (I need the main input for the mag signal)

The only other option is somehow to mix the signal in the cab block but doing a search it doesn't seem possible (although Don Peterson suggested using the character setting but this isn't quite the same)

I could get a splitter and send the piezo signals to both loops but I just want to see if there is another option.

Any ideas?

• i haven’t combined piezo with acoustic sim but I have used piezo and magnetic combined and the process would need to be the same.

i send two cables from my guitar. For the PRS P22 this is literally two cables but for the Parker Fly it is a cable with a stereo plug at the guitar end and two non plugs at the other.

i plug the Magnetic pickups cable into the KPA Main Input and the piezo into the Return on the back.

I set Stomp A as FX Loop but with no send. This effectively gives me two independent inputs. Then activate Parallel Path and stick a Reverb in Stomp B for the Piezo. The Main Input carrying the Magnetic pickup signal bypasses the first two stomps but carries on through the other stomps, stack and FX as normal.

in your case I would put the Acoustic Sim in the Parallel Path and the Piezo through the Stack with whatever profile you want to use.

• This is a little different, I'm using the same method with inputs as you but I want to split the piezo signal only.

So this profile would be just the piezo signal then split in the kemper somehow so I could have a slight mix of the direct piezo and also make it go through a profile of sorts (all I will be profiling is an EQ curve)

With a Y splitter I could send the piezo signal to two loop returns but I was hoping to not need the extra gear.

So a solution would me a mix in the cab parameter (something that was asked sometime ago) or the ability to use the same loop in two different spots in parallel path .