Acoustic Simulator....

• I'm still new too my Kemper Stage so I'm discovering new things nearly every day, as I plug along through this amazing machine.

But I just had to vent this here;

HOLY F***! The acoustic sim is PHENOMENAL!

Absolutely no more need to lug around an acoustic guitar for gigs!

Hell, i can even DO acoustic gigs with a Les Paul now...Sweet Mother of God!

Besides what I just said above, I'm speechless :S!

~Troy

• What was funny for me was at the time of its release, the focus was around the editor and there was little mention of the Sim but I think its a game changer.

Glad you are pleased dude!

• What was funny for me was at the time of its release, the focus was around the editor and there was little mention of the Sim but I think its a game changer.

Glad you are pleased dude!

Yeah, it's pretty amazing for sure.

I've tried various other "acoustic sim's" over the years from other big name companies and have always been very disappointed. In turn, I had kept putting off trying the one in the Kemper, because I figured it would fall vastly short, like the rest, and I didn't want to waste my time.

But holy man, I'm so glad I gave it a shot!

The Kemper just nails it!

To all who haven't tried it out yet; you owe yourselves to give it a whirl!

Just remember to turn off the amp and cabinet blocks and use your neck pickup;)

~Troy

• so I just goofed around a bit with the Acoustic Sim and it does seem like something I'd like to try for real. So my question is: how exactly do you implement this thing? Since it's an EQ effect, you have to put in a rig of some kind, yes? Since you're turning off the amp and cab blocks, does it matter what rig you start with? Should all effects and be turned off other than the Sim to start (I'm assuming you maybe can/should add other eq or processing that you might add to a true acoustic - e.g., chorus or light flange, light reverb, etc.). Thanks.

• so I just goofed around a bit with the Acoustic Sim and it does seem like something I'd like to try for real. So my question is: how exactly do you implement this thing? Since it's an EQ effect, you have to put in a rig of some kind, yes? Since you're turning off the amp and cab blocks, does it matter what rig you start with? Should all effects and be turned off other than the Sim to start (I'm assuming you maybe can/should add other eq or processing that you might add to a true acoustic - e.g., chorus or light flange, light reverb, etc.). Thanks.

may different ways I guess that you can implement it. for best results what I tried is to have a sparkling clean rig in the stack and the acoustic simulator pre stack. Then I send it out on a parallel path and mix to taste. That produces pretty good acoustic tones..although I still prefer a piezo system..

• it is designed to work without any profile in the Amp Cab section. You can put any rig in you want when the Stack section is turned off it won’t affect the sound.

CK recommends running it in the FX section rather than Stomp section as this lets it run in Stereo with the Space effect automatically added. Personally I prefer it in Stack in mono without the space effect but its all just personal taste.

Although it is designed to run without any profile (and CK strongly recommends this) some people prefer running it through a profile. Basically, whatever sounds good to you is absolutely fine.

• thanks guys. I too much prefer a true acoustic guitar (mine are all equipped with good pickups), but the idea of not switching guitars is very appealing, especially in songs where both electric and acoustic sounds are needed. I've got a nice Godin LGX that can easily switch between piezo and hum buckers, unfortunately the switch on mine is no longer working and the electronics on a Godin are circuit card driven so I'm not able to repair it (and Godin repair facilities don't really exist).

• pretty much sums up my whole exp( last 6-7 years) with Kemper,,,it just keeps getting better and better,,this is one great Co, My 2 cents,,,

• Honestly I moved to Windows 10 (and so to the Last OS/RM) less than a month ago, so I didn't spend a lot of time on the Acoustic simulator, but I'm not so happy with the quick try I've had.

Basically I can't bear that Hiss / very high freqs.

I Always set the 'sparkle' at 0 then I also have to use another EQ to cut everything under 9.5Khz or so just to have a decent sound to my ears. ( I've also found this topic )

I've not tried yet with singol coil, but with any HB in neck position I have some problem to get a sound good for me.

Things go better if I use it in stomp A or B with Parallel path (like explained here for instance) but I can't say I'm fully satisfied.

For sure I need to spend more time on it, and read more about other's tip to get a better tone.