Free Amporium Cab Packs - over 200 cabs (update 7)

• Hi,

many IR (Impulse Responses) sound glorious with Helix, Axe-FX and VST plugins, but surprisingly weak when loaded into the Kemper Profiler.

I did some experimental IR shooting again, trying to capture some really nice and balanced IR / cab presets that work perfectly well with the Kemper. All cabs are specially tailored for use with Kemper profiles (studio and merged). My goal was: Almost "mix ready" for studio use, but still "feels good playing". "Remove the blanket" attitude and very lively, but never harsh. Of course the result is just my taste!

I have bought a few VOX V112 TV cabs for a low price and loaded them all with different speakers - so I don't have to swap speakers anymore (call me lazy) ^^
    For the IR shooting sessions I used one with a Celestion G12M Greenback.

Edit: Added another VOX cab with Celestion V-Type speaker, a Marshall with Celestion Lynchback and a Hughes & Kettner 1x12 with Rockdriver Vintage.

IRs captured with a neutral solid state power amp, mic'd with Shure SM57, Royer R-121 (simulation), Sennheiser MD421, Sennheiser e906, Sennheiser e609, U87 (simulation).

The VOX cabs were used a lot lately and sound very good mic'd in my opinion (low to high gain) and much bigger than you might think! So I wanted to get "my tones" preserved and easy available at any time (you know, lazy again 8)).

I have selected 201 IRs to share here in Kemper format!

You get cab presets and I also included profiles that had the cabs already loaded. So you can just copy these rigs into Rig Manager and start from there (lock cab and try with other profiles).

Update 1:

Added 2 more IR cab packs for Kemper.

- VOX cab with Celestion V-Type speaker

- Marshall cab with Celestion G12-50GL Lynchback.

Update 2:
    Added new cab presets to the packs with different mic combinations and a new pack including cab presets and a special mix from my Palmer PDI03 JB (Joe Bonamassa) speaker simulation.

Update 3:

Added Hughes & Kettner V12 Pack. Featuring an Eminence / H&K V12 Rockdriver Vintage speaker (24 cab presets / cab loaded profiles).

I mic'd the Rockdriver to sound still pleasant (as in the room), but give it a bit more character.

12 single mics (added Sennheiser e609) and 12 dual mic'd cabs, each with a subtle, unprocessed SM57 mixed in.

Update 4:

- Added 10 new cabs to the VOX Greenback pack incl. Fredman techique, dual profiles, off axis angled, ...

- Reorganized folder structure

Update 5:

Added 12 new cab presets to the VOX Greenback pack. A few darker, less harsh cabs tagged with "Live" (57, 421, 121 and a mix), GB 57 Sparkle, GB 57 Balanced, 3 x GB 57 Angled, 3 x GB 57 Cone

Update 6:

Added 31 new cab presets to the H&K pack

Update 7:

Big update! More than 70 new cab presets on all 4 cabs

If you want to try them all out, you can download the complete package here:

Amporium Cab Packs

Now includes over 200 cabs:

- Hughes & Kettner V12 Pack / open back (63 cabs)

- Marshall LB Cab Pack / open back (32 cabs)

- Palmer PDI03 JB Pack (9 cabs)

- VOX Greenback Cab Pack /closed back (60 cabs)

- VOX V-Type Cab Pack / closed back (37 cabs)

+ all cabs loaded onto a Orange profile

+ Bonus Amp Pack (VOX AC4TV)

Tell me if you like any of those and have fun!

Tobi

• UPDATE

I have captured two more IR packs for Kemper, each again with 8 selected cab presets and 8 profiles with cabs loaded.

Added a VOX cab with Celestion V-Type speaker and a Marshall cab with Celestion G12-50GL Lynchback. Hope you like it.

New download link added above.

• UPDATE 2:

Added a new Mixed Pack with different mic combinations and a new pack including 8 cab presets from my Palmer PDI03 JB (Joe Bonamassa) speaker simulation.

To get the new packs, you just have to download from the link above again.

Monkey_Man Getting all the tags done right was a real PITA :D

• UPDATE 3:

Hughes & Kettner V12 Pack added to the link above.

New pack features an Eminence / H&K V12 Rockdriver Vintage speaker (24 cab presets / cab loaded profiles).

The Rockdriver speaker tends to sound very very pleasant in the room. So pleasant that it can be lost in the band / mix easily ^^

But it really suprised me in todays IR shooting session and I think I captured the essence of the speaker and pushed the strenghts of it. Cutting through is no problem anymore ;)

I selected a few more presets this time - there are only subtle differences sometimes (more noticeable with higher gain settings), but I really liked each of them.

To please the Monkey_Man and all the SM57 lovers, I did shoot 12 IR each with an unprocessed SM57 mixed in.

• Thanks for the work!!!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Update 4:

- Added 10 new cabs to the VOX Greenback pack. Fredman techique, dual profiles, off axis...

- Reorganized folder structure

If you want to try the new cabs you have to download again. Sorry.

There is one more (last?) update planned. A "quick start" folder with only 3 new cab presets.

GB 57 Sparkle, GB 57 Balanced, GB 57 Dark

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().