old boy back in town

• lol. Love it ST.

OMG

I am Almost lost for words!!!!!!!!!

Just copied over the Lukather patch. O Sweet Jesus. I am moist lol

Played with a Huge Grin.Does Anyone actually realise out there how Awesome this is.

Yes I videoed myself and sent it to everyone lol

Nxt I uploaded........ Yes it had to be. Eruption. Get the F..K out. omg I was tapping it out within mins then turned the volume up.

I think the neighbours must have had things on as they both went out ????

Reccomendations for Dann Huff etc pls send my way.

Kemper is a 6 letter word.

F..K yes is 8

• That Luke is out-of-this-world, man. Makes my honey burst look average. :pinch:

Oscar is beautiful, Johnny! That pic on the wall doesn't do his 280lbs justice 'though. He weighs more than twice as much as I do. Yikes! :love:

Im sure your guitar looks amazing. I would love to take a look Monkey.

• Monkey Man. Your a Brother now. O boy that is class. I have never seen one before. I adore how you have presented it and I take inspiration from you. I wish you well and I hope we stay in touch and hang out somehow. Peace and Love Brother

• Johnny, my new brother, thank you! <3

One thing 'though, I don't have a camera(!) and therefore can't take credit for how it's presented. This is a shot of it on the previous owner's (Sam Brox) studio wall. It took over 6 months to organise its procurement from Denmark and almost a grand for shipping alone to Oz. Communication during the final stages of the journey were complicated by my being banned from the forum and then amazingly, a 'phone call from customs saying that I owed another $800 or something. Super-stressful time, that was.

The whole thing was a nightmare to make happen and that's why I haven't yet shared it in the guitar thread; been kinda waiting for the memories to fade into oblivion.

Also there's a slight bump in the neck around the 5th->7th frets, making setting it up with my preferred low action impossible without severe fret buzz. I've been procrastinating on getting a full-on fret dress, which I'm hoping will compensate for it. Haven't had it professionally looked at, but logic tells me that this might be the simplest solution. Figured I'd share it here once all this stuff's been sorted 'cause it feels like a work in progress at this point.

The main thing of course is how it sounds, and I imagine it would sound very much like yours. Versatile balls! The cleans are sublime too, especially seeing as there's no noise due to the Luke-tweaked EMGs.

I've waited since the early '90s for a guitar like Steve's, firstly a Valley Arts Strat, then of course a MM Luke. The "Luke I" had a FL bridge, which I'm not a huge fan of, and the L III has a darker sound due to the passive PU's, so it had to be a "II". So yeah, essentially a 28-year wait on a meagre budget, but I got there in the end and it sounds every bit as good as I'd hoped! I'll bet you're stoked with the tones you can pull from yours too, man. 8)

• Now that is a story. I hope Luke gets to hear about this Brother. I agree with you and taking nothing away from your knowledge and talent , yes I would head straight to a professional who comes Highly recommended. You really have been stung and only your passion has seen you through. My story is o so similar.The apple did not fall far from the tree maestro.

I agree with everything you say about the Luke 2. For me it was the only choice.

Kemper have one Lukather patch that I lave found upto now that sounds amazing. I am blown away. I would love to hear some of your fave pofiles dude.

A Massive shout out to GuitarGuitar in the UK for all their help in securing me a dream of a lifetime. The Gents are Fantastic Throw these guys a bone if you need help. First class.

The Kemper rig is now part of my life and will remain so. Every time I switch the BadAss on my jaw drops and I just keep learning. Slowly I must admit but WOW.

Guido Burgenstock has to get a mention from me. If you haven't yet seen him on YouTube please check him out. Guido inspired me to start again. What a player.

Once again Peace and love to all.

Johnny

• Guido's a "buddy", mate. He's not only a great player, but a cool, generous dude. I've always bought every pack he makes as soon as I can after release, so I own everything he's put out.

If you haven't bought any of his packs, bear in mind that he tweaks the amps whilst playing his Luke II through them before Profiling, so you and I and other LII owners have a bit of an advantage in terms of tone out-of-the-box... as long as we agree with Guido's ear, tastes and therefore tonal choices.

You asked about fave Profiles. I can point you to Bert Meulendijk, Guido and MBritt. I've only bought from these three guys.

1) Fave MBritt is the Colonial Pack (Heritage Colonial amp, a Marshall-type, tonally-versatile, woody / organic-sounding beastie IMHO). Also, his Crank 'n Go and 2020 packs are more forward-sounding and less bassy than his older stuff, more mix-ready IMHO.

2) Guido - You'll love plenty of his stuff, especially considering what I said earlier.

3) Bert - Mojo, organic, vintage / mid-proud, mix-ready-sounding stuff. All great. The dude has an ear and is an awesome guy I'm honoured to be able to call my buddy.

As I meant to say earlier (did I, or did I forget?), don't be alarmed if this thread gets moved to the Third party Rigs discussion subforum 'cause the mods are usually very-quick to shift such conversations to where they belong.

HTH, Brother Johnny, and rock on, bud! :thumbup:

• It was always going to happen, DonPetersen . Johnny requested recommendations in his OP and other posts, and later endorsed a pro Profiler and mentioned another:

I am looking for Lukather / D Huff / S Stevens /Gimlour patches maybe a EVH fair warning patch. pls point me in the right direction.

Reccomendations for Dann Huff etc pls send my way.

BHP are amazing cheers maestro.

watching Guido playing his Luke and sampling through a Kemper

As you may have noticed, I've never done this and am always the "sucker" who gives folks a heads-up that if they do this, their threads will likely be moved. Probably makes me look like a prude. Once the horse had bolted and with the Luke II <-> Guido connection thing to surely follow, I caved and gave Johnny what he wanted.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, mate. :pinch:

EDIT:

This post must seem a bit strange now because I responded after having been tagged by Don ("... moved because @so-and-so and @Monkey Man..." or something to that effect). He's now removed the sentence from his post and I'm grateful for this. It's not his usual M.O. for him to do this when moving threads to the 3rd-party-discussion subforum, which is why I felt it necessary to justify what I'd done.

Thank you for this, Don. you're a champ, mate. ;)

• It was always going to happen, DonPetersen . Johnny requested recommendations in his OP and other posts, and later endorsed a pro Profiler and mentioned another:

As you may have noticed, I've never done this and am always the "sucker" who gives folks a heads-up that if they do this, their threads will likely be moved. Probably makes me look like a prude. Once the horse had bolted and with the Luke II <-> Guido connection thing to surely follow, I caved and gave Johnny what he wanted.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, mate. :pinch:

Hey Monkey Man.Hows your day going?

I just setup the Luke with new slinkys and adjusted the saddle. Loads of messing but m mmmmm.

Just tried a Gilmour path from thr Kemper profiles. Loved it. I was on a fluffy cloud for a while there.

How do they do it ? wow.

I hope all is well over there Cobb.

Johnny