Using the kone with a tube head effects loop output into powered kemper?

• recently got a kone and im very happy with it. So much control over the tone! So happy in future I'm wondering if I can drive my tube amps through the kemper effects loop to take advantage of the output section for dialing in tones while recording. Anyone know of any reason that this might damage the kemper? (Powerhead)

Thanks,

James

• I guess, you could loop in your

tube preamp: PROFILER SEND => tube amp guitar input => tube amp effect loop send => PROFILER RETURN

or complete tube amp: PROFILER SEND => tube amp guitar input => tube amp speaker output => DI box for high voltages like Kemper DI box => PROFILER RETURN.

But why wouldn't you create PROFILEs instead and keep the whole signal chain simple and integrated in the PROFILER? Isn't this the purpose and core competency of the PROFILER?

• recently got a kone and im very happy with it. So much control over the tone! So happy in future I'm wondering if I can drive my tube amps through the kemper effects loop to take advantage of the output section for dialing in tones while recording. Anyone know of any reason that this might damage the kemper? (Powerhead)

Thanks,

James

I could see it being a nightmare. I have wondered what KONE would sound like with a tube power amp, but I also think you need to make sure you have high quality tubes. I have 1967 Japanese Hitachi 12ax7s and Holland Bugle Boy "Mullard Flash" 12ax7s and I just bought 8 JJ-el84s all for the power amp. I still haven't performed the Kemper - Tube Amp test yet. I need to order fuses for the power amp and I've been lazy about it like I am everything else...lol. I know my ADA MP-1 blew up when I went from their old B200S to a stereo tube power amp. Very excited to try it through my old 90s Blue Voodoo 4z12 with 30W Eminence. My initial suspicion is that KONE and tubes may not like each other. I know right now I'm not happy with the headphone/studio monitor sound of the Kemper. I like it, but it's not there yet, just like I felt with my ADA through solid state. It sounds good, but it doesn't PLAY good. I'd also try your tube sound into high quality "other" speakers, but remember to use really good tubes, because crappy tubes can REALLY bring the suck into the signal chain.