Power amp not loud enough

• I've been running my powered Kemper into a Marshall 2 x 12 and I've found I have to turn it up 3/4 or almost all the way to get it to a decent practice/gig volume whereas in my old rack my Rocktron Velocity would only need to be on around 12 o' clock to easily achieve the volume I need.

Anything I might be missing on the unit as I'm sure there's enough wattage on board?

Thanks!

• Check the power output meter in the output section. Chances are you are running around 60w or so. To get everything, you need to up the boost to 12 db (or whatever it goes to)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I have my power amp boost set all the way down and have to turn the "volume knob" up quite a bit too. Power amp boost will solve that if it bothers you but it doesn't me. I know there's plenty there and I'll add power amp boost if I ever have to run the knob "cranked". That being said I may give it a little boost just so it comes on faster. To me the boost will just make it "hotter" kinda like turning up the bias on a tube amp.

• Yes. It's easy to tell where that is because it'll make you smile.

Unless you have a loudarch drumer that doesnt let you hear anything anyway, so you just have to use in ear monitors, lol, been there, done that. But finding the perfect volume for all the different outputs will make you reach nirvana while playing, and sound engineer will literally love you.

The answer is 42

• Is there a "sweet spot" for running all these different types of volumes when playing live would you say?

I have a couple of suggestions:

Output Menu:

To calibrate your Master Volume Knob to the Monitor Output:

1) Make sure the Monitor Out "Link to Master Volume" box IS checked.

2) Turn the Monitor Output all the way down.

3) Turn the Master Volume all the way down.

After doing that, turning up the Master Volume will turn up the Monitor Volume at the same rate.

There really isn't a "sweet spot" for stage volume that anyone else can suggest - it is completely dependent on cabinet placement, and the volume level of of the rest of the band.

Also,

If you send a line to the Mains from the Main Outputs of your Profiler (as opposed to putting a Mic on your Marshall cab),

Output Menu:

1) UNcheck the Main Out "Link to Master Volume". Set the Main Outputs to -25db. If the FOH engineer says there is too much signal, check the -10db box, too. If still too much signal, turn down the Main Outputs more.