« Auto » SPDIF slave mode doesn’t sync on 2020 Kemper

• Hi, I have crackeling noises using my Kemper as slave SPDIF mode « auto » rather than « internal »

I have my Kemper Head 2020 updated to last public OS, and focusrite 8i6 with last firmware update.

- using 2 coaxial Cordial digital cables good impedance

- using same same sample rate for audio interface/Kemper SPDIF output/DAW

- focusrite is on « internal » (set as master clock)

- Kemper SPDIF output is on « auto »

- crackeling noise occurs more frequently when I increase the sample rate of all devices

- changing sample rate on focusrite control doesn’t change sample rate on Kemper in auto mode (not sure Kemper is able to detect and modify that but could help)

- using only the focusrite without daw to just SPDIF from Kemper to headphones out of the focusrite has the exact same issues

- the crackeling noises disappear when coming back to Kemper master clock mode (Kemper « internal », focusrite « SPDIF » sync instead of Kemper « auto » and focusrite « internal »)

it’s annoying and thinking about retuning my Kemper because of that.

Opened a ticket but still no reply. As it’s already 2 weeks I use the Kemper I’m not sure it can be useful in master spdif mode for my set up an planning to return it...

• I have exactly the same issue, M-audio interface, 2 75ohm cables, work fine as master device, but crack as auto (with soundboard as master).

I hope an update will fix it.

• Beta update seems to be working for me on Scarlett 18i8 gen 3, as long as I keep it to 88.2Khz or lower. At 96 it goes in and out. All in all, almost there. Happy to have it functioning for the most part.