Can the Kemper profile other hardware chains?

• Hi guys I have already searched on here for an answer so apologies if this has already been covered or is a dumb question!

I was wondering if the unit can be used as a mic recording preamp/signal chain. Ie could you load a profile of a signal being sent through a preamp/channel strip etc. I know you wouldnt have the controls over the signal but maybe being able to get the tone would be possible?

Just trying to work out other uses for this otherwise amazing box.

Thanks!

• prolixuk , I made some bass profiles using an Acme Audio MTP-66, a fully stocked API lunchbox, and a Chandler Limited Zener Limiter — around $10k worth of signal chain. IMHO, the Kemper didn't really do it justice. I think it captured some of the structure and harmonic character of the gear, but it really didn't capture that "big iron" heft I hoped it would.

So something like an EQ would probably be doable. But when you're talking about a character pre or LA-2A, other gear might serve you better. A creator called Past to Future has really been impressing me with their console and tape machine IRs lately.