Return Input Reamp Setting Causing Feedback.

• Hey everyone, new Kemper user here. I've been trying to learn how to reamp with my Profiler, but every time I change the input source to return input reamp, it causes this excruciating feedback. It may be a simple fix, but I've tried everything I can think of. I'm running analog through an Apollo Twin MkII. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix, it'd be greatly appreciated!

• Let me try to help even though I don't own an Apollo interface. And let's try to start simple. :)

• In the Apollo control software I think you can setup Cue Mixes that can be routed to specific hardware outputs.
    • Setup a Cue Mix that is sent to e.g. the Apollo's Line Out 3. In this cue Mix send only the Apollo's front instrument input, nothing else.
    • Now if you connect your guitar to the Apollo's front instrument input, you should get a working connection from Line Out 3 to the Profiler's return input, without feedback.

Once you've figured that out, the next step would be that you send a recorded DI track from your DAW to either this cue mix, or directly to the Apollo's Line Out 3 (without sending anything else to the same output at the same time). That's the point where I can't help you any further because I don't know what "outputs" your audio interface provides/exposes to your DAW. Key is that you make sure that Line Out 3 only sends the DI signal.

Hope this helps a little.

• Check, if any external gear from an effect loop is still plugged between DIRECT OUT/SEND (1) and RETURN (1).

While you select RETURN as reamping input the DIRECT OUT/SEND switches to its normal output functionality. So you might feed a PROFILER output signal via your external gear back into the PROFILER input.

• Let me try to help even though I don't own an Apollo interface. And let's try to start simple. :)

• In the Apollo control software I think you can setup Cue Mixes that can be routed to specific hardware outputs.
    • Setup a Cue Mix that is sent to e.g. the Apollo's Line Out 3. In this cue Mix send only the Apollo's front instrument input, nothing else.
    • Now if you connect your guitar to the Apollo's front instrument input, you should get a working connection from Line Out 3 to the Profiler's return input, without feedback.

Once you've figured that out, the next step would be that you send a recorded DI track from your DAW to either this cue mix, or directly to the Apollo's Line Out 3 (without sending anything else to the same output at the same time). That's the point where I can't help you any further because I don't know what "outputs" your audio interface provides/exposes to your DAW. Key is that you make sure that Line Out 3 only sends the DI signal.

Hope this helps a little.

GENIUS! It's working perfectly now! Thank you so much for your help. :D

• I'm having issues once again, sadly. In Logic Pro X, I've double checked the inputs and outputs to be routed correctly, but I get no output at all on the DI track when I set it to Output 3-4. Occasionally it will start with bad feedback again. Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

• Sorry to hear you're still in trouble and it's really hard to point you directly to the solution (without owning the same interface).

First of all, the cause for the feedback is that (as the name suggests) you feed the Profiler's output back into its input. We have to find the point where this happens. One cause can be that (in Logic) you monitor the DI track's input while feeding this to the Profiler. Or it happens in the I/O routing of Logic. Or it happens in the Cue Mix setup of Apollo's control software.

You just have to find the point where it happens. My initial suggestion to use the interface's intrument input (with guitar connected) and route it (through a Cue Mix) to the Profiler's return input makes sure everything is fine on this half of the chain. If this works fine but you face the problem again when using Logic, the problem must likely be on that side ... somewhere.