The KPA reacts strange to external stompboxes...

• ok here is my problem. i normally run a "clean to crunch" profile and put my "real" stompboxes in front. a tube screamer, fuzz and a booster. my problem is that at higher gain levels with more volume, the kemper seems so "cut the sound off" at a certain level. the best example is, when i engage the booster, on a normal tube amp, the sound just gets louder without distortion. but on the KPA the booster reacts just like a distortion pedal, no more volume, just more distortion. the tubescreamer works pretty well on the kemper, still different than on a real amp. the fuzz pedal sounds pretty unflexible, i almost get just one sound out of it, no matter which setting i run...on a tube amp i can get lot of different sound out of my fuzz pedal...

• Well it's a digital device, you're running a hot signal into it, so you're hitting the maximum headroom, simple as that. Does it make any difference if you use the FX loop instead? Or try adjusting your clean and distorted sens on the input?

(Is the real tube screamer that much better than the inbuilt tube screamer stomp?)

• In my limited experience - I have my Kemper for only 48hrs now - my pedals react nearly exactely as in front of the real amp. I do run a BSM RM rangemaster clone in front of the Vox or Plexi profiles and the result is just as I expected. It works fantastic with darker british amps and it sucks big hairy balls with a Fender ;) Same with a TS808 or a BOR.
    To answer your question it would be nice to know which amp profile you are actually playing. Some pedals just don't work with any amp. I had an otherwise beautiful '62 Deluxe once that was very picky with pedals. It would sound horrible with a booster or a TS808 and I ended up buying a H&K Tubefactor just for that amp. The Kemper has a profile of that amp and there is also a profile of an Ampeg J20 - which essentially is a brownface Deluxe - and just for the fun of it I tried a TS808 in front of those profiles and it sounded just as terrible as it did with the real amp some years ago ;) I dragged out the H&K and put that in front of the Kemper and it worked just as good as it always did back then.

• Yeah, I run an EP booster and Skreddy Luner Module in front of my KPA. I find the reaction to the pedals is very much amp specific and and amp gain level specific - just like I would expect in real life. Meaning, that if I engage the boost into a Fender profile with lots of headroom it will get a lot louder. If I am boosting an amp that is already being pushed hard almost to its limit and I add a pedal in front, I will get a lot of compression and perhaps no volume increase. Cool how the KPA works like that.

• Skreedy lunor module.........loved that pedal was my goto pedal for about 4 years... - then one day.. it gave up its heart, order a new one but never did sound the same... :( - so I returned it, swapped it for another,, and again.. never the same, - seems like I was lucky on the first attempt, guess he may have used differnt parts at first..
    even asked him to rebuild my current one, - but unable to get all the parts now apparently.. so needed to find an alternative...so along came the brownpig, and my smile returned! :)

(Sorry thats very OT I know)