The Future That Never Was - my homage to Larry Carlton

• In the 1980s, I found the music of Larry Carlton. Since then he's been a constant source of inspiration, both as a guitarist and a composer.
    So it's no surprise that sometimes (or often) I get accused of trying to sound like him. While I'm not anywhere Master Carlton, I nevertheless get happy when people hear the influence.
    In this track I'm playing a Collings I-35LC through a Kemper amplifier using a profile I made myself.
    Like Mr C I also used the volume pedal a lot to shape the tone in real time.
    I really enjoyed recording this!

I hope you'll enjoy it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Wow Mats. Absolutely classy. From another planet. You really nailed the tone and the vibe. And what I really love is this incredible patience and calmness which is needed to reduce the amount of notes played. Very well done Mats, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:8)

• Hey Mats,

I´m a Carlton fan too and your song is a great example of his music and sound!

Very well done Mats!

Greetings

Hans

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Wow Mats. Absolutely classy. From another planet. You really nailed the tone and the vibe. And what I really love is this incredible patience and calmness which is needed to reduce the amount of notes played. Very well done Mats, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:8)

Hi Deadman,

Thank you for your nice comment.

What you hear is not really patience but rather a non-ability to play fast. ;)

Cheers,

Mats N

• Beautiful, Mats! :love:

The volume swells are sublime and your dynamics in the transition out of the lead break, for example, really help transport the listener into the clouds.

Well done, mate. 8):thumbup:

My good Monkey Man!

I was hoping this would meet your approval. Thank you for your constant encouragement! It's very valuable.

Cheers,

Mats N