[Public Beta] PROFILER OS 8.0.0.21450

• Hi Guys, just downloaded the latest version and the Kemper drive and the OC are both not working very well.

Does anybody have any experience in downloading beta files and then not have them working properly?

If so, is there a way to remove them>

Thanks, in advance Jef.f

???? You did download the install the latest beta first though?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Hi Guys, just downloaded the latest version and the Kemper drive and the OC are both not working very well.

Does anybody have any experience in downloading beta files and then not have them working properly?

If so, is there a way to remove them>

Thanks, in advance Jeff

What is it they’re doing?

• I'm not in a rush, publish yours first ;)

Haha, well... it's hardly a hit, and I released it 2 weeks ago, but it *is* using my Kemper Stage for all guitar tones.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If I had the Kemper Drive when I recorded it, the song would definitely be on top playlists by now. *

*And other lies I tell myself

• Fairly new to this but it seems like it did the downloads at the same time??

I had checked the box for Beta updates and then was notified about the OS update....

You needed to install the new Rig Manager AND the KAOS 8.0 beta, both. Sounds like maybe you did one or the other...

• Tough night....

I kept messing with it and then thought I would try to install a version of an OS I had on my USB thinking if I could get back to an older version, I would be ok. Not so. It started loading in and the I got an error message "booting and burning fron USB devise" and "ERROR: invalid file"

That is where it stops. Tried everything I could regarding rebooting and some of the other things I read online. Nothing works.

Super bummed!! I was so excited last night I could barely sleep. Tonight, couldn't be further from that place.

I have emailed Kemper support about this. Hopefully there is a way to salvage this.

Thanks, Jeff

• Load 8.0 again and check, how your profiles sound without distortion pedals.

It is about impossible to have the distortions all sound weird but the rest is ok.

I suspect a wrong setting such as cab off.

• Noticed that even when using left/right to select effect presets, the preset browser closes after a few seconds (unlike when browsing rigs that way). Can that be changed perhaps? Really want it to stay in the browser to audition different presets.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• There is more purposes for an overdrive than pushing an amp.

While they could be used for other purposes, their main application right from the start and the reason to create them was to do exactly that, push an amp. The name "overdrive" actually says it. Maybe you want to read about it from another person than me? Here you go:

https://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=7748

I know that it's quite hard to convince you of something (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). But I just demonstrated it to you, in my earlier posts. The classic application of an overdrive in combination with a relatively clean amp with plenty of headrom ... similar to what the Hiwatt Custom 100 does. The Marshall JCM 800 Bass Series is quite similar in this regard.

• So is it a case of increasing the drive pedal volumes actually changes the sound characteristic? i always assumed the kemper volumes just added the volume with the same sound

It's not the drive pedal alone ... that's why you can't see the effect without an amp and a cab loaded (and active). The entire drive pedal (all of its knobs) have an effect on how the amp (and cab) reacts. You basically drive the amp into compression. The compression of the amp changes when you "overdrive" it with increasing input. And this results in a change of sound (not just pure volume, not just linear increase of distortion).

• Hi all,

I've notice a little bug in the beta, well reproducible on my kemper at startup :

-switch ON the profiler in browser mode, so that it recalls the last loaded profile which must have the kemper drive active. (in my case it's with the 808 mid preset)

-press-long the slot button where the KD is, to display the edition page (slot B in my case)

-turn the "type" knob to display the page with the "catergory", "type", and "preset" columns

-normally the last column ("preset") isn't well initialized (it's on a WVOW preset instead of the 808mid, so that if you attempt any preset change, the slot turns into a VWOW effect)

It seems that it's the case only at the startup until you access the menu and retreive the right settings once, then everything seems to work the correct way.

• A great vid from Frank on the OC...and goes great with the Freqout pedal (see 9:51 and 10:16).

ckemper is there anyway that pedal can be replicated in the kemper?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And here's the distortion graph, same color code as the previous one:

Red Line: Ceriatone Centura

Dark Green Line: Kemper Drive Klon 4 preset (default)

Light Green Line: Kemper Drive Klon 4 with Volume +5.0

seems like the graph should move from (default) to (+5.0) through the Ceriatone one - have you tried an intermediate setting, especially considering that the low/sub bass frequencies are of less importance anyway?

• have you tried an intermediate setting, especially considering that the low/sub bass frequencies are of less importance anyway?

Not yet but I will do a bit later. But keep in mind that you refer to the distortion graph, not the frequency response graph I had posted earlier. An increased distortion in the low/sub bass frequencies adds harmonic content to the overall sound. ;) You can actually see that (and I can easily hear it) in the linked frequency response graph. From around 400Hz downwards the curve goes up when you compare Klon 4 (default) with Klon 4 (volume +5.0)

PS: All this (to me) makes the beauty of the Klon (or good Klon clones). The warmth they add when you use it to push an amp. That's exactly what distinguishes it from say a typical Tubescreamer application. I love this "scooped" sound as opposed to the pretty heavy mid bump and low cut of a typical Tubescreamer sound.

PPS: I tried Klon 4 with Volume at 2.5 ... it has a slightly higher bass frequency response but at the same time (as expected) the low frequency distortion is only half way between Volume 0 and Volume 5 ... leading to a slightly less scooped sound. Nice sound as well with a slightly higher overall volume but not as close of a (sound) match like with Volume at 5.