[Public Beta] PROFILER OS 8.0.0.21450

• V8guitar

Well..I guess not..to achieve what lightbox does I would use a nice tube rig ...and I have plenty in mind thanks to the RE.

Please let me make one thing clear.

I really enjoyed this heated discussion.And the suggestions of lightbox and some other nice folks let to @CKs comment that he will find a nice solution.So indeed this is what I call a win-win.

I also respect that for lightbox and some other klon freaks there is "only one way" to get their result.This us absolutley great.Do I bother with his "no pro would do this"..no..not as long as he will not bother with the fact that I never met one who did not prefer to achieve the same (or even "better") result with a nice tube rig without any pedal in front of it..?

• It's not about, what's the right way. It's about, what is the pedal known for and can KD get into this ballpark. If KD has Klon presets, it suggests that we can recreate common (!) Klon settings. And it IS a fact, that the Klon is most famous for it's transparent (but not completely neutral?) BIG boost. Even the people who add more drive, usually still have an good amount of boost going on.

• It's not about, what's the right way. It's about, what is the pedal known for and can KD get into this ballpark. If KD has Klon presets, it suggests that we can recreate common (!) Klon settings. And it IS a fact, that the Klon is most famous for it's transparent (but not completely neutral?) BIG boost. Even the people who add more drive, usually still have an good amount of boost going on.

It adds colouration and compression. As any overdrive does.This is how things go with OD pedals.And thus is not neutral.Not at all.

• It adds colouration and compression. As any overdrive does.This is how things go with OD pedals.And thus is not neutral.Not at all.

Wikipedia: "The Centaur is characterized as a "transparent" overdrive...".

Transparent like it does NOT sound like a TS (mid hump) and is used to push the amp (or add gain) witout altering the basic tone of amp or guitar too much.

• I,for my part said the klon(still) does sound like a pedal.And not some sort of unicorn wonder weapon.

And for sure it is no clean boost.Saying "it does not altering the basic tone of the amp TO MUCH" is again wandering in this mystical zone of sound,religion and hype.

Not "to much" for whom?With what rig?

I am convinced that the klon is a masterpiece of a pedal.But it is still a pedal.And to be 100% clear about what I mean:You STILL have to put it in front of a rig hoping it "fits"..like any pedal..

• I am convinced that the klon is a masterpiece of a pedal.But it is still a pedal.And to be 100% clear about what I mean:You STILL have to put it in front of a rig hoping it "fits"..like any pedal..

Yes I can do this with the original pedal or a Klon clone like my Archer Ikon. But anyone who wants to try out, what the Klon is used for usually, can not achieve it with KD alone atm, cause there seems some limitation (or feature otherwise that always was there, but we did not know/notice in the past). But CK is considering a solution. And everybody will be (even more) happy ?

• In my years of studio ownership,,I have heard many times, two diff players plug into the exact same rig,, turn a few knobs, and sound completely diff,,

Many of my budget sessions , I just set up a head, two pedals, and a 4-12, two mics, and cut tracks,for 2 players,,in the same band,with great results,One time a guy came in, did not like the set up,, pulled a Fender Pro Jr out of the back room, plugged in his strat, turned it on 10,, OMG,,he had his Vol knob thing down So well,,,,what a touch,,No Pedals,,, I have used that amp forever after that, still have it,My point is,, most of the tone, comes for the person playin, not the gear,,Just me exp,,cause I've also had my share of rich kids with their, EVH ,full set ups and matching gits, and sound nothing like Eddie( bless his soul)

I'm lovin this,learnin a lot,,Thanks to all you guys for the passion to look further,,,,but for me... there are no rules,just great players,that make their own sound,,just saw and heard Jimi with a 3 pickup SG,and some weird amps???,,he still sounded like him,..funny how that works,,

the ODs work great for me,,sound great,,very usable, Many thanks to the kemper team for more great stuff,,

• In my years of studio ownership,,I have heard many times, two diff players plug into the exact same rig,, turn a few knobs, and sound completely diff,,

Many of my budget sessions , I just set up a head, two pedals, and a 4-12, two mics, and cut tracks,for 2 players,,in the same band,with great results,One time a guy came in, did not like the set up,, pulled a Fender Pro Jr out of the back room, plugged in his strat, turned it on 10,, OMG,,he had his Vol knob thing down So well,,,,what a touch,,No Pedals,,, I have used that amp forever after that, still have it,My point is,, most of the tone, comes for the person playin, not the gear,,Just me exp,,cause I've also had my share of rich kids with their, EVH ,full set ups and matching gits, and sound nothing like Eddie( bless his soul)

I'm lovin this,learnin a lot,,Thanks to all you guys for the passion to look further,,,,but for me... there are no rules,just great players,that make their own sound,,just saw and heard Jimi with a 3 pickup SG,and some weird amps???,,he still sounded like him,..funny how that works,,

the ODs work great for me,,sound great,,very usable, Many thanks to the kemper team for more great stuff,,

I totally agree with this! The hands and the amp! For example when you listen to the Jeff McErlain video about using Klon he sounds amazing even when the Klon is not engaged!

• OK guys. It is the hands and the player and the amp. We all know that.

But this is a forum about the Kemper (gear related). And this thread about the new beta with new stomps. And we are nerding out about it.

Can you please, please... tell me what about the hands and the player is relevant in this discussion?

We all just might leave it. Sell the Kemper, sell all our electric guitars, grab a banjo and there we go. Because it's all in the hands of the player. C'mon!!!!

Our friend Rob Scallon already demonstrated that it is possible to play metal on a banjo. But I am not going to link it here so we don't get more offtopic.

• OK guys. It is the hands and the player and the amp. We all know that.

But this is a forum about the Kemper (gear related). And this thread about the new beta with new stomps. And we are nerding out about it.

Can you please, please... tell me what about the hands and the player is relevant in this discussion?

As far as I can tell unclemar s post was more about the guitars volume knob than about "hands"..which indeed is relevant.I mean for this thread.To be honest I always miss this part a lot when people dive into the OD pedal "controversy".

• As far as I can tell unclemar s post was more about the guitars volume knob than about "hands"..which indeed is relevant.I mean for this thread.To be honest I always miss this part a lot when people dive into the OD pedal "controversy".

I don't know about unclemar's post. But you do have a point there. The volume of the guitar is relevant here. And with some hot pickups being able to clip the input of the KPA (Led turning red) it might be even more relevant.

The way I have my KPA connected I am not able to try the effects loop, because I use it to connect to my PC. But it would be interesting to see the difference between connecting an overdrive in front of the KPA vs Loop Distortion vs Kemper Drive and all the volume implications related.

I leave that to the ones that can use the loop. But I guess that if ckemper manages to override the volume compensation for the Kemper stomps it might have some advantages over using a real pedal in front of the KPA.

• The volume compensation of the amp also compensates the distortion pedal, when the distortion volume is set to lower levels.

It has always been like that, I can see that this is disturbing.

I can think of ways to avoid the amps volume compensation, when driven by a pedal, while it can stay when not driven by a pedal.

Maybe we can change that for the next update, without causing volume differences on already existing rigs.

that would be GREAT !!!!

• Taking the plunge. Coming from KAOS 5.0.3. Always stayed away from betas (because gigs) but i have no gigs the next two months (because covid) so i figure it will be ok.

New drives, hi cut in output section, acc simulator, here i come.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• Finally, thank you!

Only took 20 pages of asking, thanks lightbox and musicmad.

• Noticed this while deleting a bunch of cab presets on the profiler from RM:

I was deleting around 77 cab presets - that number is about right. Not the biggest bug in the world though.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• KD first impression. I’ve always been a TS10 guy. Never liked the other TS pedals since the amount of “clean straight through” never was what i wsnted. I think i’ve even communicated with DonPetersen about this many years ago. It is like the KD comes much closer to the ts10 than the Green Scream does in terms of the correct “clean bleed”.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.