[Public Beta] PROFILER OS 8.0.0.21450

• I can't really understand this in the addendum, does someone see what it means?:

"Drive

Controls the amount of saturation. The middle position is equal to the TS808*. At maximum, Drive is a bit higher than on the TS808* and equals that of the Timmy when its little switch is in the down position."

in the middle position, it's equal to the TS808... but the TS808 at which setting? the TS808 can be set at many different drive setting right?

• I can't really understand this in the addendum, does someone see what it means?:

"Drive

Controls the amount of saturation. The middle position is equal to the TS808*. At maximum, Drive is a bit higher than on the TS808* and equals that of the Timmy when its little switch is in the down position."

in the middle position, it's equal to the TS808... but the TS808 at which setting? the TS808 can be set at many different drive setting right?

What I understand is that in the middle position it's equal to the TS808 in the middle position. And then it goes to explain that the maximum setting (of the Kemper Drive) is actually higher than what the TS808 gets in it´s own max setting.

• The Addendum includes pictures, which might help in this context. There is a picture for each of the new Kemper Drive presets, which correspond to sweet spots of original drive pedals.

The presets are inlcuded in the OS download package.

• Curious as to why the OCD got it's own stomp as opposed to being part of the Kemper Drive. No biggie, just wondering.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Curious as to why the OCD got it's own stomp as opposed to being part of the Kemper Drive. No biggie, just wondering.

I would imagine that is not an example of a pedal based on the configuration used for all the other transparent overdrives - eg if it had a fuzz element.

• I would imagine that is not an example of a pedal based on the configuration used for all the other transparent overdrives - eg if it had a fuzz element.

I cringe when I hear the word 'transparent' tied in some way to pedals like a TS or Klon. I've had different versions of both and transparent they are not.

• Uhm......

I am readingi the addendum, according to what they write, Mid Settings of TS808 are the same of Boss OD/SD.

Preset:808 Mid

Drive5.0

Tone5.0

Definition5.0

Slim Down0.0

Preset: OD/SD Mid

Drive5.0

Tone5.0

Definition5.0

Slim Down0.0

They have same parameters...... but... do they sound the same or they are different????

• Same settings = same sound.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Those two presets are the same in the Kemper as well; it's not just a documentation error. And yes, they do sound identical.

That said, while I don't have hands-on experience with any of the drives being cloned, the new presets sound great to me, especially the OCD ones. Thanks again Kemper!

• I cringe when I hear the word 'transparent' tied in some way to pedals like a TS or Klon. I've had different versions of both and transparent they are not.

If you read the addendum for OS 8.0 that is the classification that Kemper has gone with for this family of pedals - following the usual terminology in the biz it seems. I agree that all these pedals can certainly create some saturation/drive flavors and are by no means clean boosts.

• How do you find the new presets for the Kemper Drive and the OC - do they need to be imported?

Yep. I downloaded the file from the website and the presets were in their own folder there.

• Yes, I guess they are not yet in Rig Manager because OS 8.0 is still in public beta.

So to get them download the ZIP file, extract it and see the folder with the presets.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…ting-System-Beta-Versions

Yes, these new presets are obviously not compatible with the current release OS 7.5.

Currently these are just available in the OS 8.0 upgrade package and will appear, if you perform a complete reset to as delivered state of your PROFILER.